Coffee soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pametan

Reaction score
Usually I just use coffee in my morning grind soap but since I already had some to sell and wanted something different to put out on the table I put grinds in it this time.

Lol. I seem to be having trouble posting.

Here is the pic

1490663847645.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it smell like fresh brewed coffee? If so, coffee lovers should be beating a path to your door.

It doesn't really smell like coffee. Just plain soap. I'm hoping the grinds will make is scratchy but I haven't tried it.

They look great! Do you find the coffee grounds make it scratchy?
Yes, coffee can make it a bit too scratchy if you use too much and if you use fresh instead of grounds after the coffee has been made.

I make a kitchen soap with coffee for scrubbiness. Otherwise it's can be a bit rough.

It was grounds after the coffee was made. Unused the coffee as lye water and added the grounds from it after. I don't think I added too much by the looks of it but I will have to see in a few weeks. I also made sure to grind it a lot so the peices were smaller and smoother

I prefer to use finely ground coffee grounds in coffee soap, because coarser grind is really quite scratchy. My husband commented on the difference once when I used a grind from one of the coarser grind coffee I used once.

Most of the time, I also use used grounds, but I let it dry out in the oven first so that I am not adding extra liquid to the soap.

Getting a good coffee scent, is a real challenge. I've tried a few FO's and so far haven't found one that really sticks strongly the way I'd like.

I just made some using Espresso FO from Brambleberry. It's only been a week and it smells awesome! I don't know how quickly it will fade, though.

Usually I just use coffee in my morning grind soap but since I already had some to sell and wanted something different to put out on the table I put grinds in it this time.

Lol. I seem to be having trouble posting.

Here is the pic

Looks good to me, wish I had a stamp (looks so professional)

Back