Still amazed at the difference gel stage makes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamagirl

Reaction score
The square bars and the "soap" bars are from the same batch of soap. The only difference is the soap bars were individual silicone molds and the bars were in a silicone mold inside a wooden mold. Obviously the bars gelled, but it still amazes me that this is the same batch! I know, simple things impress me :)

Edited to add: The pictures don't do the contrast between the colors justice. UGGGHH the frustrations of using a phone camera in a poorly lit room.

IMG_20170407_142520.jpg

Things like that never fail to amaze me, too. I especially love seeing the contrast between gelled/un-gelled colorful swirls from the same batch. I don't have any pics on hand of the of the contrast in my soap to share, but the gelled swirls are always much more bold & vibrant than the un-gelled swirls. For example, my red colorant shows up as a vivid blood red in my gelled soap, but only as a muted mauve/pink in my ungelled soap from the same batch.

IrishLass :)

Back