Peacock Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I did it! Thank you so much. My recipe moved so slow, even with cocoa and Shea. I used 7 total oils/butters.
I did a teal, mustard, coal gray and white peacock swirls. It was at emulsion only. Wisked fragrance and colors. It's sweetgrass by bb, so clean and refreshing. My colors are muted, my bottom right corner is not peacock swirled correctly, and it isn't perfect but I LOVE IT!! Side note, I squirted the whole thing in...in other words I didn't use a base color and swirl the top only, I peacocked the entire thing straight through ;-)
I can't wait to cut into it!! Thanks again for the advice you all!!!

Forgive the shadows on the pic, and teal doesn't photograph well at all....but you get the idea. This is my third batch of cp soap, and yup...I'm proud...Thx again!

IMAG1555.jpg

IMAG1552.jpg

Last edited:
Thx. I love this bb fragrance! Thx to the admins for the move:). I got a little excited there lol.

I am a clean, clear cut, bright perfectionist (when planning the soap in my mind and on paper) dorymae, but after the goats milk flax earthy looking soap and now this, I'm liking the rustic earthy soaps...feels wholesome and natural. Perfect is normally not natural in nature, and I am beginning to embrace the natural side (and imperfect side) of soap making designs. Hope this makes sense lol.

It is beautiful to me. If you wouldn't mind sharing your recipe, I would love to borrow it to try making my first peacock swirl, or if anyone has one that they have used before for intricates like this. If you don't mind me using it, please message it to me. I love yours! I would use my own colors of course so it wouldn't copy yours totally. :) I'm proud of you and how it turned out!

It is beautiful to me. If you wouldn't mind sharing your recipe, I would love to borrow it to try making my first peacock swirl, or if anyone has one that they have used before for intricates like this. If you don't mind me using it, please message it to me. I love yours! I would use my own colors of course so it wouldn't copy yours totally. :) I'm proud of you and how it turned out!
If you go to Lovinsoap.com Amanda has some great peacock swirls with recipes

Thx for the compliment! I messaged godschild with some suggestions yesterday ;-)
Amanda is awesome too.
Yeah, third batch. First was fragrance testing. Second the goats milk flax seed I posted. Then this. I studied a couple months intensely before diving in...so I learned a ton and it helped make the actual soaping easier to begin, I feel.

3rd batch? OMG! you're a natural! congrats on the beautiful soap. it is truly beautiful.

Very pretty. Your hard work in researching and studying really shows in how beautiful your soap came out. I love the cut bars as well. You did this with one arm??

Hey Cindy! Dunno why I didn't see this earlier, so apologies for the delayed response. Not exactly one arm; to answer. I was like this after surgery....pic #1.
Pic #2 I took just now as I typed this. In this pic, hopefully, you can see I have partial use of the arm. I will say, in my defense, I am hurting something awful today (after soaping my salt bars....dummmy should rest I know....but I've become a tad obsessed with making soap :oops:)

I had this new sleeve and plastic brace made and molded this past Tuesday morning. I was able to manipulate my fingers enough, so I came home and soaped these swirls the same day (if I recall correctly) :?
I'm a goof ball what can I say lol!

I had at first this ace bandage over a plaster brace to stabilize the wrist, but as of Tuesday they molded this plastic and sleeve with steri strips on the incisions to stabilize until I see the doc this coming week.

I tore my tfcc and druj ligament a yr ago. I then had horrible pain all over my joints, bilateral. Was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis...and I dealt with that crappy situation for a good yr. Got it under control enough, and decided to get elective surgery on the ole (dominant) wrist. So tmi, I'm sure, but at least now everyone knows me and where I coming from a tad :) Thx for the compliments and nice feedback you all. I appreciate all of you and your opinions. Everyone is so kind here and I am lovin this forum!

Edit after...elective surgery in that the hand surgeon saw it hadn't healed, but I personally elected to repair my old injury. Thought I'd clarify ;-)

IMAG1441.jpg

IMAG1593.jpg

Last edited:
As an occupational therapist, I completely understand what you are going through. No swelling, good finger range of motion. Congrats on taking charge and getting your function back. Hopefully your outcome on your wrist goes as well. - There's a lot of soap to be made

Wow, only your 3rd batch. Lovely job. I've been wanting to do that but it kind of terrifies me. I'm hoping after I get through the holidays I can find some time to try some of the swirls and techniques on my bucket list. My full-time job just keeps getting in my way so I'm only able to keep up with my needed stock these days.

Latest posts

Back