Whipped Body Butter, Staying Whipped

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea what I should put in my body butters to make them stay whipped. I would hate the idea that once the customer takes the product home and it starts to solidify?

It there any special ingredients where it can stay looking like whipped cream and not so greasy, I used coconut oil and shea butter mix.

Tapioca powder is one option people use to minimize the 'grease' factor for lotions and body butters

To make it softer, and less greasy you would need to make an emulsified body butter. It is not all butters but a high percentage. Some only use all butter, but then it is harder, and adding soft oils will only make it more oily feeling. Emulsified body butter incorporates water, oils, and a emulsifier like btms or e-wax.

Oh and it must have a good preservative.

I use shea butter and a liquid oil, whipping it for long enough is the key! We talking at least an hour!

I get soft fluffy whips every time that stay soft and fluffy

Whip whip and whip some more

Iv failed so many times I'm becoming an expert

Piggy-backing here.... My body butter whipped up pretty good, with a technique of alternating several times between whipping and cooling in the freezer. But it seems like it got packed down after using a few times. It's not hard, but it isn't fluffy either. The recipe has SB/CO/RBO (in thirds? I don't remember). I keep it in a mason jar that is deeper than wide. Do you think the "packing" could be due to the container shape, or is it more likely a technique or recipe problem?

I tried the whip and freezer, whip and freezer method ... Didn't work for me. I pack mine in small jars so don't think it's your packaging that's the problem. Try adding a bit more oil and whip like crazy lol

Latest posts

Back