Can you add oils to a glycerine M&P?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littleginger73

Reaction score
I want it to have a more moisturizing feel other than the squeaky clean feel.. Can I add oils and if so, what do you recommend? Thanks!

You can. Most recommendations that I've seen are 1 tsp to 1 TBSP per pound of base. just keep in mind that any extra "goodies" can cut down the lather.

Hi there! Sorry to hijack your thread but I would like to know the answer to this question too as I am a soap virgin, if you will xD(newbie alert! Oh my!)

I have heard that the oils can separate from the base? How do you avoid that?

Also, if you are to use 1tbsp per pound, is that a total of all oils/fats used? For example, if I was to use say cocoa and shea butter for example, would it have to total up to 1tbsp? Or 1tbsp of each fat?

The base I have ordered is the Melt & Pour Soap Base (Crystal) SLS and SLES-Free, White from Stephensons. I'm wanting to add some oils and fats to it, but I am unsure of the ratios and such and I would really appreciate any advice from you lovely ladies(and gentlemen!) :D If anyone has used this base, please do tell me of your experiences/recommendations with it, thanks! xx <3

It is one tablespoon per pound of soap. For each pound of soap you melt, you can add up to one tablespoon of extra oil.

You might mix some powdered milk with a Tablespoon of hot water and add that also. Make sure it is all dissolved before adding to the melted soap.

Back