What made you pick your avatar/ username?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked my username because I began taking drum lessons less than 2 yrs ago at 52! haha. My avatar is special. When I picked my business name "betweenTHE BIRCH", I was looking for an image ( I later held a contest on freelancer and got a different logo completed) and when I found this owl in birch trees, I just loved it. When I moved onto my property, it was winter and the first wild creature we saw was an owl on top of a fencepost between the 2 birch trees! I contacted the artist, told her what I was doing and she sent me the original watercolor and jpg.

My username is LittleMy

as in the character Little My from the Moomin characters. I'm from Finland and wanted a 'finnish touch' to my username and Little My is my favourite character. Also I needed to come up with a username so that I could dive into the conversations faster and had no other ideas

This topic was suggested to me by one of our members (Jaaret) and thought it would be a nice addition to the introduction forum.

What made you choose the particular user name or avatar that you did?

tell us what your user name and avatar mean to you!

Example:

My user name is IanT

My name is Ian and last name begins with "T" (easy enough ... right!?)

and my avatar is the Lion of Judah which has a special significance to me and I believe symbolizes strength and dedication.

Over the last several years, my husband and I have accumulated more (pet) animals than either of us ever really WANTED. Taking care of and cleaning up after them, getting to vet appointments seems to have become my hobby (not by choice) as much of my spare time is usually taken up with things dealing with them! I’m not necessarily complaining as I do love every one of them. Just, well, more than we would have sought out for ourselves. Many of them came to us...sought us out I guess you could say❤️
So, due to people usually saying something about the number of animals we have, is what made my user name come to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
My user name is because I love to quilt! It is my main passion aside from my family. The numbers are my former zip code from Denali Park, Alaska where I lived for 31 years (21 of which I had no commercial electricity or running water!) My avatar is one of my quilts from a class called Circle Play. I started soaping about the time of my retirement and until I found this forum I thought I knew how to soap...now I realize how uneducated I am. LOL

G=Gabriel- GMA= Grandma
0317 His Birth date. My avatar is a crystal birdbath that holds a rose he gave me. Also, when he was around 3 he would put jellybeans in it to feed the bird that's perched on the rim. He is my ❤

x

my name is monet (mo-nay). the rest of my name isn't any easier to pronounce, spell or remember. (a warning to parents who get "creative" with their children's names!)

i was heart of dixie, but when my net crashed and i got a new web address, i changed to heartsong. i live in the south and love the warmth, kindness and generosity of spirit in the people i have met here and live amongst.

but in the last few years it seems to personify (to some people) ignorance, bigotry and a meanness of spirit.

i chose the avatar because if you look carefully you can find beauty and peace even among mere stones.
Monet did all those beautiful water lily paintings. For that reason alone your name is not at all difficult to pronounce or remember. I've a niece who's middle name is Monet. Have a wonderful day!

What a pretty box, it looks like lovely soap! Sending this message to you from México, an international forum for sure.
Laurel
It's named after one of our old queens we had in Sweden. She was queen from 1907 to 1930.
Nice to meet people from all over the world. And the influences we can give each other.

My avatar is me at a Pirate rendezvous at Key West a few years ago.

My user name is my real name and I don't know how it got selected. I wish I could change it. I think Rumplestilskin would be appropriate considering my 16 year disappearance from the soaping world.

(What impresses me most is how coloring and swirling have taken on such a prominent role in the soaping world. I used to just make plain old soap that smelled good. I played around with essential oils and botanicals.)

Oops! Wrong name. Not Rumplestilskin, but rather Rip Van Winkle.

Sirtim because a Spanish friend said I looked like an English milord (sort of Edward Fox lookalike), and that was the nickname he gave me, and from there on it just stuck. The 100? No idea.

The avatar because it makes me happy. It's a little Mongolian girl laughing at something, and the Bactrian camel seems to be sharing the joke. I sometimes look at it when I need to stop taking things so seriously...

@sirtim100 Love your avatar! Makes me smile every time

Thank you, Millie.

There they are, the both of them, having a good laugh, in case anyone wants to download it

Camel Girl.jpg

I have used bookreader451 since the 90's. I obviously love books and threw in a reference to Fahrenheit 451. My avatar is one of my lillies, may change it up to one of my roses some day.

Maybe today in fact!

Hi all! I am new ..just joined Thursday My name is Susie my mom always called me Swessie...actually Swessie goonagogan :) since I was little so it brings warm memories of momma. I raise goats, my avatar is my sweet little Swessie...yes I gave her my nickname. My heart was broke on Wednesday when unknown to me she got out and my dog attacked her...not sure if he was trying to herd her back in or what but feeding time I went looking for her and found her out in the field, she was hurt pretty bad. The vet put her down.I love my dog but right now I don't like him much....having a hard time forgiving him.

It's the badge of my local and historic soul music club in my home town. It has been going since the early 60's and still going strong today.

Back