~*~ SMF October 2017 Challenge - Simple Minimalistic Swirl! ~*~
~ October 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > Soapmaking & Candle Classifieds Forum > Soap and Craft Swap > Home Sweet Home Comments

Old 09-13-2017, 05:37 PM   #111
dixiedragon

Liked 3662 Times on 2110 Posts
Likes Given: 1614

Quote:
Originally Posted by amd View Post
I make about a dozen tubes at a time. I use the liquid medication syringe type dispenser that you get at the pharmacy. Practically no spillage and tons of control. Plus it is super fast to re-fill. I haven't tried doubling my batch (yet) and seeing how it goes for filling.

Also... Dixiedragon... I love the whipped shea you made. I'm almost out. Did you post the recipe? If not, could I have it so I can make more? unless you sell (I don't remember if you do or not), in which case could you direct me to "how to order". Seriously, this stuff was the bomb-diggity for clearing up my hormonal acne overnight.

ETA: I'm still using the Aleppo soap, it is so lovely that I am restricting myself to once a week to make it last.
I'm so glad you liked it! I used unrefined shea butter. I infused liquid coconut oil with calendula petals. I don't have the proportions - I just took some shea butter and nuked it in the microwave until it was soft but not liquid, drizzled on some coconut oil and added a squirt of Vitamin E (available at Fred's Discount Pharmacy), then whipped. I made the mistake of not letting completely cool before I put it in containers the first time, so it was too hard and I had to pry it out and add more coconut. So after you whip it, let it reach room temperature and test the texture then.

amd Likes This