Lotion bar w/ Rice

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lillybella

Reaction score
Hi :razz:

I just watched a video where ground rice was put in a lotion bar to act as an exfoliant. Why would someone put an exfoliant in a lotion bar?

This was a dupe of the Lush Lotion bar with rice.

I don't get it.

$22.00 for 7 ounces

This is what Lush has to say:

Massage our Buffy body butter all over your wet skin in the bath or shower to make you softer and smooth to the touch, paying special attention to your backside. We add ground rice, almonds and beans to Buffy to act as exfoliants; the rough textures eliminate lumps and bumps and sloughs away dry skin cells to reveal brighter, fresher looking skin. Rinse off the exfoliating bits and pat yourself dry. There's no need for body lotion after a Buffy slaying session, because the cocoa and shea butters keep your skin beautifully smooth, moisturized and soft to the touch.

If I was looking for exfoliation I would prefer an emulsified sugar scrub. Soapalooza has an amazing recipe which you can customize. It leaves your skin perfectly smooth and divinely conditioned. It lasts all day. My friends loved it as a Christmas gift!

I've used a bar similar to that from LUSH. I didn't really care for it. Was it a scrub? Not really. Was it a lotion bar? Not really.
But they are still for sale so they must have their adherents.

I bought a Buffy bar from Lush to try it, and I liked it. You shower as usually, scrub away, then rinse the bits off. Cocoa butter and shea butter stay behind. It could be too oily for some, but I can see the use in winter.

I just looked that up at L*SH and it looks like the solid scrub bar for in-shower use that I make. I wish I was as clever at marketing as they are :) But, from the OP, I was thinking lotion bars that you'd use after the shower.

Latest posts

Back