I would like to make milk baths..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastry_soaps

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tried and true recipes? I would like for it to have some sort of milk powder, epsom salt and maybe dead sea salt, fragrance and maybe an oil.

please don't take this the wrong way, but asking for someone's tried and tested recipe might not be the best way to get what you wanted. it might be better if you browsed around and post your formulation for others to comment and tweak. having a tried and tested formulation doesn't come in one go. it takes time, energy, money, and patience to get it.

I agree with obsidian. If you have a recipe in mind then post it and others will be happy to jump in and help you with your formulations. I've not made this particular item so I wouldn't be much help but there are others that do. As stated it takes a lot of time, energy and money for us to formulate our products and many aren't apt to share their recipes. I'll be interested to see what you have in mind and what others have to share.

I don't have tried and tested recipes to share I'm afraid because I'm still working on this myself (have been doing for the past few months) but what I can say is I'm very much enjoying the process, its means I get to test lots of lovely ingredients in my own baths :) Thats all I can advise I guess, decide on your ingredients and mess about the amounts to see how they feel in the bath, then adjust accordingly. You need to decide exactly what it is you want from your product. I have discovered that I want more skin nourishment, so I have started to experiment with oils and butters but then you get the oil slick, so you will then need to decide whether you're ok with that or if you are going to need an emulsifier. Its turned out to be much more complex than I originally thought it would be, but like I say I'm enjoying the experimenting :)

Last edited:
Thank you I'll definitely check it out as most of those ingredients I have! Never heard of the lotioncrafters site will be looking into that a little further too

Latest posts

Back