My First Balm Base

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew! Thank you for that, Susie- now I don't feel so bad. I had to look both of them up, too. :razz:

IrishLass :)

ETA- I should have known who Henry Cavill is, though, since he played in one of my favorite movies- the 2002 version of The Count of Monte Cristo (I almost wrote Crisco, lol). I guess I only had eyes for Jim Caviezel in that movie. ;-)

Last edited:
And Henry Cavill was in The Tudors, which I watched most of. I just don't pay much attention to names. But I still have not seen anything Channing Tatum is in...I think.

What about the consistency? Chapstick vs Carmex like?

This is a tough one for me - I don't think I've ever used chapstick brand chaptick. It is very like the Burt's Bees chap stick. It is more creamy, vs gooey like Carmex. It absorbs quickly vs staying on top of your lips, and it doesn't give your lips that wet/shiny look.

This is a tough one for me - I don't think I've ever used chapstick brand chaptick. It is very like the Burt's Bees chap stick. It is more creamy, vs gooey like Carmex. It absorbs quickly vs staying on top of your lips, and it doesn't give your lips that wet/shiny look.
That works ... was just looking for a commercial reference.

I would imagine that Shea and Cocoa butter (and pretty much any other butter) can be swapped out 1:1 (with a tiny bit of tweaking). The same for the oils?

Back