Thanksgiving Greetings

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Families all across America will sit down this week to enjoy a Thanksgiving meal during which time it is customary, in many homes, for each person to name things for which they are thankful. Often listed are family, friends, food, homes, jobs and good health.

This year, as you break bread, regardless of where you live, whether your family be large or small--even just one, I challenge you to consider not only the things for which you are grateful, but to Whom your gratitude is due. You see, being generically “thankful” is like being generically “in love.” Both are worthless emotions unless they have a recipient.

Around our table, my family is mindful of Psalm 105. “Thank the Lord for all the glorious things He does; proclaim them to the nations. Sing his praises and tell everyone about his miracles. Glory in the Lord; O worshipers of God, Rejoice!”

We also are challenged, at this time, to remember those who are less fortunate than ourselves, for no matter the trials we face, surely none of us has to look far to find others living with greater challenges.

Be blessed, my friends. Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
I love Psalm 105 :)

Very well said DW.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving, and may the Lord bless you all :)

A safe and Blessed holiday to all. I'm especially thankful to Austin and the mods who volunteer their time and share their knowledge so willingly. I can't count my Blessings enough for everything that I continue to learn here as my soaping journey continues.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! If you're in a country that doesn't celebrate it, you really should consider importing it. It's one of the best holidays as it extracts what's wonderful about most holidays... Food, Family & Friends. There are no religious overtones (unless you want them) which works out great for mixed faith households. Parades. Pie. Did I mention pie?

Our thanksgiving was a while ago, hubby and I hosted the family this year it was a kind of housewarming too. (15 people)

It was great to see everyone and sit down and enjoy each others company though neither of us sat much.

I wish you all a happy thanksgiving and enjoy the pies !!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! If you're in a country that doesn't celebrate it, you really should consider importing it. It's one of the best holidays as it extracts what's wonderful about most holidays... Food, Family & Friends. There are no religious overtones (unless you want them) which works out great for mixed faith households. Parades. Pie. Did I mention pie?

Ohh yea...the pie..and the turkey, and the stuffing, and the gravy....more pie...it's also the only time of year everyone can stuff themselves silly and everyone else totally understands :lol:

I will not be soaping..I will be doin' good to roll back to the refrigerator.

Speaking of pie..I just realized I have to make 4 tomorrow :shock:

All from scratch mind you..including the crust. Banana Cream...I have to make 4 because if I dont I wont get any..this bunch over here goes crazy for them.

Speaking of pie..I just realized I have to make 4 tomorrow :shock:

All from scratch mind you..including the crust. Banana Cream...I have to make 4 because if I dont I wont get any..this bunch over here goes crazy for them.

Go ahead and make that five. You can send one to me.

Hehe..if I could figure out how to get it made and shipped overnight I just might do that..ya never know tho..Christmas is coming ;)

Mmmmm....banana cream sounds lovely. I'm in charge of making the chocolate cream pie. I have to get that done tomorrow as well as make butternut squash soup and crescent roll dough. Right now I'm in the middle of making my dough for butterflake rolls. The dough is resting at the moment, so I'm taking a forum break.

IrishLass :)

Back