How do you deal with competitor questions???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if you are profiting off of research and information passed on to you, you still put in your time (can never be gained back) and hard work of finding the information and formulating the recipes. They should put in their own time for research if they are that interested in making aroma rocks. Of course you could also offer private classes for a fee if you feel that strongly about sharing the knowledge. ;)

I see what eveyone is saying. Good point LunaSkye. The thing I see with OP is that OP has a unique product. A personal artisan masterpiece. If we don't want the entire mad dog cutthroat sales world copying your product then reselling it, reticence in conversation is completely normal.

ROCK ON LUNASKYE :razz:

I see what eveyone is saying. Good point LunaSkye. The thing I see with OP is that OP has a unique product. A personal artisan masterpiece. If we don't want the entire mad dog cutthroat sales world copying your product then reselling it, reticence in conversation is completely normal.

ROCK ON LUNASKYE :razz:

Thank you, goji_fries. :) I understand that it's natural that people would want to learn more about a new selling point, but it amazes me that some artisans feel it is great to take the easy route to expanding their line. One still has to learn the ins and outs of the potential product as well as for whom the product may or may not be suitable for. That is information that you most likely can't get from another soaper, more so because the other soaper is too focused on their own business than anything else.

Thank you, goji_fries. :) I understand that it's natural that people would want to learn more about a new selling point, but it amazes me that some artisans feel it is great to take the easy route to expanding their line. One still has to learn the ins and outs of the potential product as well as for whom the product may or may not be suitable for. That is information that you most likely can't get from another soaper, more so because the other soaper is too focused on their own business than anything else.

Hey LunaSkye, :wave:
Learning new points and helping each other is what it's all about. SMF is an awesome example of this. And it is a real benefit to us all.

Not limited to soapmaking, I've seen aggressive undermining of one's business/etc take shape in various forms; thus arrogating your business to themselves. None of it is necessary. When you have a product like the quality shown of people here on SMF, the products stand on their own. The expansion of their line via direct syphoning is sad. Thank you for your contributions LS.

Hey LunaSkye, :wave:
Learning new points and helping each other is what it's all about. SMF is an awesome example of this. And it is a real benefit to us all.

Not limited to soapmaking, I've seen aggressive undermining of one's business/etc take shape in various forms; thus arrogating your business to themselves. None of it is necessary. When you have a product like the quality shown of people here on SMF, the products stand on their own. The expansion of their line via direct syphoning is sad. Thank you for your contributions LS.

I appreciate the kind words, but I myself am still a newbie. Almost six months of soaping and I just recently started playing with colors and using a basic (albeit nice) technique. It's not a problem for me to share the little I know because I can see the blessing from other people's contributions.

I definitely have to thank you for your words as they reminded me of another soaper who said something similar. He was the owner of Clean Essence and definitely has a good product in his pocket. He was very secure in his business and even stated that the product will stand on its own when the product is of quality. When it comes to jewels like that, it's only fair to share that knowledge with others if it can help them out.

With that, I have to bid you good night as my mind is starting to drift. enjoy your day... or night. :)

Those are cool! I have some that I purchased a while ago that just sit in a bowl. Your idea to create non-melting rocks that you can simmer with the oil is ingenious! I wouldn't share that kind of secret either. I'd just thank people for their interest in my products, but I can't share my trade secrets. Then I'd tell them what a great deal the large size is ;-)

Back