Suppliers in Ontario, Canada

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried lots of suppliers and my new fav is candora soap and supplies. I found them a few months ago from this forum. (Thanks!) I love the products, service and my orders come fast! I don't know of anywhere, at least in Canada, that has an order ready that quick. Brambleberry is a great choice for shopping in the states, but it costs too much to get it over the border. :cry:

I used to shop at Saffire Blue, but I refuse to pay extra to have my order given priority. And if you don't, it keeps getting bumped until they run out of orders from those who did pay extra. Last time I ordered, it was almost a month, and I gave up. Not to mention that they keep moving, and have very poor signage. I never know which door to go to, and I stand outside ringing the bell and no one comes. Last time I was there, I pulled up to the door marked "pick up", and they told me to move to another door that was unmarked. That is the last time I placed an order.

**Our showroom is open for your visits and pick ups from Noon - 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. We are located at 85 Midpark Rd #6 in London ON. N6N-1B2. Our office hours are from 9am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday. You can reach us during business hours at 519-685-3111. For more info on picking up your order, visit our 'Pick Ups' page. Please follow us on Facebook for updates. Candora is not longer on Wellington . It is on midpark.
Saffire blue is charging so much for shipping I stopped ordering there.

Candora is my favorite place, too:)) Owner is such awesome person and they share the knowledge willingly :)
http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=52831&page=2
I had linked to many canadians suppliers, we have another thread "Canadian Suppliers" :)

Last edited:
I just placed an order with Candora! I'm very happy to find a closer supplier, and with better prices!

My two cents...

Canwax and Voyageur - I have ordered from both places and they were both fast and I was happy with the service. I did not have any problems with my orders or need to contact them about anything however. I am not a huge fan of either of the websites. Other suppliers have detailed information, MSDS sheets etc, and I like having all of that available.

New Directions - I get everything I can from them. I find their site very organized for product information and they've always been helpful when I've had a problem or question. Shipping is expensive but I'm on the east coast and shipping from everywhere is expensive. :)

Saffire Blue
- I use these folks for items that are unavailable or considerably more expensive elsewhere and DO NOT have expiry dates. They refuse to put expiry dates on their products and it took me weeks of badgering to get them for my first order (more info here if you care to read it). Getting your order together and shipped can take a long time, but as Mr.Clean said, you can pay for priority service (which almost offends me and I refuse to do). One other pet peeve is that they will ship an incomplete order if something is out of stock without asking you first. If you're making an order for a critical item and a couple of other things and they happen to be out of stock of the main thing you wanted, you end up paying shipping on a bunch of stuff you would have waited for. I now put a note on all my orders to hold it if anything is out of stock. I don't know if it works or if I've just been lucky but I haven't been shipped any incomplete orders since I started adding it.

That being said I have had a couple of orders where counts were off and they were quick to credit me with no issues. They also have the best prices on lower volume packaging that I could find (jars bottles etc).

Thanks Stacey! The one thing I stuggle most with is finding packaging. Specifically orifice reducers. While I'm here, what's the best/cheapest way to print/purchase waterproof labels?

That all depends on what level you're looking to present. You can make a plain ink jet label and cover it in packing tape carefully but it's time consuming and take a lot of time to get the knack to do it neatly (I tend to be a perfectionist though so take that with a grain of salt). There are waterproof Avery labels you can get and if you print them with a laser printer they're fairly waterproof.

So far I haven't found anything besides professional printing that is going to get you a real waterproof label like a professional bottle.

Keep in mind that if you're designing labels, printers don't print white. Clear labels are a no-go unless you're staying with a very basic color scheme (think all black text).

Back