Two Salt Soaps from this weekend

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustBeachy

Reaction score
I somehow fit in making two salt soaps yesterday. The first is a Dunes blend I make, Earthy/slight grassy, with a hint of lemon.
Dunes.jpg

The second one I got a really pleasant surprise on the scent. I've been working on Ocean/Beach scents, (go figure) and was reading a post about mixing black pepper with citrus to produce a "saltiness" scent. Mixed this one with pepper, bergamot, jasmine and watermelon FO. It doesn't smell at all like beach, but it's a dead ringer for Texas Bluebonnets. And go figure, I was using some AC and testing a blue colorant, so it even came out with a bluebonnet color theme. haha

bluebonnet.jpg

Yeah, me too. The second one was too heavy on the colorants. But I am happy with the scent. :)

Thanks.

They both turned out really nice. I like the 1st one best though. Bet they both smell nice! I so want to make soap but haven't had time...so jealous!

Thanks. It's funny, for the last few months I was doing swirling experiments and tying to find effects I could easily reproduce. It's brought me more into a minimalist approach, I think.

Like you, I like the looks of the first one better. At first cut, I though the second one looked cool, but it's certainly a "busy" design. haha

For the record, I find that go go back frequently to the blue/green combinations of colors. I know a lot of people don't think matching colors with scents matters, but it matters to me. And, since I use a lot of herbal scents, green ends up being my weapon of choice. I tell myself I'm going to use different colors, but they just don't match my scent inventory....basil, rosemary, mint, tea tree, eucalyptus, bergamot...

Back