Melts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susan_e

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone that makes melts has found a good wax that keeps scent as long as the name brand melts an if u would be willing to share. The comments I get back from customers is they love my melts but don't last long enough tku in advance

It's not just the wax but also fragrances. Some fragrances throw well and last a long time. Others may start strong but fade out quickly. Some FOs work better with soy and others are better with a blended wax. Some won't work at all in wax. It takes testing to see which FOs do well in the wax you use. I use Rustic Escentuals' KY Para-Soy Tart wax and FOs. I've been very happy with them and I've been told my melts have a better throw and last longer than commercial ones. One of the things I like about Rustic Escentuals is they state whether a FO is good in soy if you prefer to use only soy wax. Some of the FOs have customer reviews which is also helpful.

Some companies make fragrance oils especially to use with soy wax. I found an essential oil recipe that I love and it lasts. One thing I have noticed is that I get used to the scent and don't notice it after a while. If I leave the house for a while and come back, I notice the lingering scent as soon as I open the door.

Back