Sand

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rszuba

Reaction score
ok, i heard a little bit back and forth with sand as an ing. in soap.

when you go to the beach they say to rub your feet in the sand by the water to get the rough off you feet.i always do that (oooh how i miss the beach, go winter, come summer) i am thinking of making a foot soap with sand. some think it is too rough and prefer pumice. pumice doesn't really have that great of effect on my rough dogs.

any comments appreciated.
renee

I say use what you like, but be careful not to put too much in for it will clog your drain.

They make all kinds of pretty colored crafting sands. :lol: I think it would look nice!

Well, I'd make two layers, one 'normal' with your color, preferred technique, scent etc. (maybe with EO's good for feet, like tea tree & lavender) and one smaller layer of a little bit of soap mixed with fine sand.
Make sure you post pics when you decided what to make! :)

ya, the 2 layers is exactly what i was thinking, and maybe in the sandle mold, call it beach feet. i've never done 2 layers before, so kinda worried. and i don't do well outside of wood molds, the whole gel not gel keep it warm really gets confusing. so i usually stick to basice wood molds. this will definetely be outside my comfort zone, time to grow.

i do wonder about my drain sometimes, even with all the bath oils and exfoilants and herbs. how much should i worry, i use a lot of herbs and oils in my bath.

thanks you guys,
renee

Latest posts

Back