Well...what'd you get?!?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agriffin

Reaction score
We spent yesterday and today with family. Ate some great food.

My bf got me some vintage Fiestaware which we collect. Some mixing bowls and a red cup and saucer that I was missing.

The coolest thing I got was an old diamond watch from my Grandpa that belonged to his Mom. So freakin cool! From the 1950's but very art deco looking. I love stuff passed down...those gifts are my favorites.

I got a cordless Shark vacuum cleaner and a video card for my PC. I got a $25 GC from DIL from Penneys & DS bought me a HP printer that I can print vellum on.

Nothing yet - my kids were with their dad for Christmas - I get them back today (get 'em back EARLY cuz a blizzard is on its way).

Ah, so I guess the blizzard can be my gift - I miss my littles.

My sister gave me 2 packages of Cryopak Flexible Ice Blankets. I opened the package, looked at them and thought "What the...?" Then she said she saw these and thought they'd work well for my soap making. She said "Now you don't have to mess about with making ice cubes to cool down your lye. You can toss these in the water."

Woo hoo! What a great gift. Not only can I use these for soaping but now I don't have to mess about with putting whipped butter into the frig, taking it out, putting it in, taking it out, etc to cool it. I can just toss these in the sink, set the bowl in and keep the butter cool. It was a very thoughtful gift. :D

I got a Kindle and can't wait to start reading, reading, reading..... I also got a real cool Juicy Couture laptop case that is ever so pretty and girly! My funnest gift is a small back scratcher that expands to scratch anywhere that needs scratching. :lol: Of course my best and most cherished gift is being with my family and enjoying our time together.

On Christmas Eve my son and I went to Caribou Coffee (like starbucks), sat in some comfy chairs there, sipped on our coffee and talked for well over an hour. It was some great bonding time with my teenager :D I think we will make this a tradition!

Sounds like Santa was nice to everyone. Family heirlooms and time spent talking with children are priceless.

In a twist on tradition, my dh and I bought our own stocking stuffers and opened each others to see what we had bought ourselves. I put some fun soap related things inside like a new stainless steel funnel, high oleic safflower oil, a textured baking sheet to line the bottom of my mold and ghiradelli peppermint cocoa to drink while reading the forums!

We had a quiet Christmas day this year just Kev, Kids and Me at home doing the BBQ thing and we all had a lovely day............Normally Kev and I focus on the kids and get a small gift each from the two of them.........................this year I was spoiled to the core and can hardly believe it!!!!! Hubby bought me some lovely gold earrings, a memory latex topper for the bed and an 80cm flat screen tv for the bedroom!!!!!! Then I got a lovely new cookbook from my son and an itunes card from my daughter.......................Almost embarrassed to admit my big score this year.
Now the funny bit is I had a market just before Christmas and it was just amazing as I did over 500.00 in sales so ordered a new soap mold from woodfields and posted Merry Christmas Lynnz Artisan Soaps and Candles :0) on my fb page so the buisness got a treat too, which really was a me treat :0).................Yup spoiled to the very core in everyway

I got a cordless drill, (i actually wanted one ) a pestle and mortar, and a new frog plague for the BBQ area ( love frogs )......and the flu !!!!! Bugger it

Lyn said:
We had a quiet Christmas day this year just Kev, Kids and Me at home doing the BBQ thing and we all had a lovely day............Normally Kev and I focus on the kids and get a small gift each from the two of them.........................this year I was spoiled to the core and can hardly believe it!!!!! Hubby bought me some lovely gold earrings, a memory latex topper for the bed and an 80cm flat screen tv for the bedroom!!!!!! Then I got a lovely new cookbook from my son and an itunes card from my daughter.......................Almost embarrassed to admit my big score this year.
Now the funny bit is I had a market just before Christmas and it was just amazing as I did over 500.00 in sales so ordered a new soap mold from woodfields and posted Merry Christmas Lynnz Artisan Soaps and Candles :0) on my fb page so the buisness got a treat too, which really was a me treat :0).................Yup spoiled to the very core in everyway

Nothing wrong with being a bit spoiled!! :D

My friend got a memory foam bed topper from Costco (a big club shopping store) and she said it is the best thing in the world. I might have to look into one of those.

agriffin said:
My friend got a memory foam bed topper from Costco (a big club shopping store) and she said it is the best thing in the world. I might have to look into one of those.

funny, I got one for my birthday this year as well... oh what a difference. Mine is from Brookstone and was around $300. I used to wake up often and turn over and now I just sleep right through...

for Christmas I got ... $$$. (exactly what I asked for. lol.) and I will spend probably a good bit of it on soaping things!

I got to spend time with my family in Québec - my aunt is 85 and has been hoping to 'go' for the longest time. I know it sounds selfish but I'm glad she was still there for me to see her. I also spent time with other family members and friends.
My BFF and I decided not to do gifts this year, as we give each other things through the year, as the occasions arise, so that was awesome.

We played a lot of games based on the show 'a minute to win it' and we had a blast. Someone actually managed to stack the 3 golf balls, on top of one another!
Oh, and I got a huge container of Smarties in my stocking - the best! (I'm such a cheap date!)

Back