soap bomb colors

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

phpworm

trying to find a good solid lemon yellow color for my bath bombs, any suggestions? i tried turmeric powder, kept adding more until i got the color i wanted and it not only stained the bathtub but my skin as well...

no friend =\ I'd like to know as well! Don't use micas!

I tried la bomba colorants (brambleberry?) but they aren't intense enough for me. I've found that the liquid colors for MP soaps work well, though. Go easy on 'em!

Could you use oxides? A little goes a very long way in other products.

tasha said:
no friend =\ I'd like to know as well! Don't use micas!

I have never made bath bombs, but I am curious why the warning against micas?

There was mica all over my entire bathtub. It was disgusting, it was all chunky and nasty and got on everything. It took a good scrub to get it all off.

I threw the rest of the bath bombs in the toilet, which then stained the toilet and I had to clean that too.

tasha said:
There was mica all over my entire bathtub. It was disgusting, it was all chunky and nasty and got on everything. It took a good scrub to get it all off.

I threw the rest of the bath bombs in the toilet, which then stained the toilet and I had to clean that too.

Oh! That's god to know. Thanks! If that's the case, the same may be true for the oxides then.

Back