4 Sleeps to go!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrissyB

Reaction score
Okay, so we are really on the downhill run to Christmas now~
My two youngest are 4 and 8..so Xmas is a big thing for us!
They are so excited, and it's contagious!
The last few nights we have gone out driving around to look at all the houses with their pretty Christmas lights up...this is probably one of my favourite things to do with the kids at Christmas...the older two used to love doing that when they were little too.
Tomorrow we are baking reindeer bikkies for Santa...and just generally making sure there's enough batteries and that sort of stuff.
We're having a family dinner here on Christmas Eve, bit nervous about that...it's the first one I've hosted.
I just love this time of year, love having the family all together, love the looks on the kids faces, love the anticipation of it all!!

My DS and his wife and grandbaby will be coming over. I'll be making ham with twice baked potatoes, green beans, BBQ beans and either vanilla kisses or almond crescents for desert. I will have to make a apple strudel for new years. That's a must.

My final day at work tomorrow. It's been a really busy time as many lawyers are trying to get their clients out of prison on bail home detention. I fitted electronics on two today and at least one is being released tomorrow and then I'll walk away from this responsibility until early January.

On Thursday my dog and myself are flying to Sydney to spend 10 days with my daughter and son. Can't wait!

I'm on cloud 9 this holiday season. My BF suffers from anxiety and depression and was not on medication when we first met/started dating. Well, you know how that goes...the honey moon phase wears off and reality hits. Life was hell for a bit. Last Christmas was hell. He was very depressed. I love spending time with family and going to parties and all of that...none of which he wanted to do. No christmas tree, no christmas lights.

Beginning of this year he started seeing a doc and got on meds. Went through a couple of med changes and he's doing good.

So far this holiday season is 500 times better than last year! We've been to holiday gatherings, seen family, have bought gifts for each other. We put up a tree and even put up christmas lights.

So I'm loving it! And can't wait for Christmas!

Amanda, I'm so glad this year is happier for you.
I was really ill last year with glandular fever I got up to watch the kids open their presents then straight back to bed, didn't even have Christmas dinner :(
So I am making up for it this year.
Dragonkaz, your job sounds very interesting.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!!

Like you Chrissy I have small kiddies. 2 & 6. Both girls. They r VERY excited. The oldest is counting down days. My whole family is coming for xmas day so I'm super thrilled.

Amanda - I'm also so happy for you this year. Depression is a terrible thing. Sounds like things are rounding up nicely for you.

4 sleeps to go, that is cute.

When my daughter was very little we had a jar of magic beans. If it was 12 days till' Christmas, vactaion, etc, there were 12 beans in the jar. each night she would take a bean out. It helpped her understand time. When there were no beans left- like magic, it was Christmas.

My daughter who's 12 told us that it was more fun when she still believed in Santa... :(

Now the presents are fewer, more expensive and not as 'cute' as they used to be (I remember a year of everything Teletubbies!), but I still give her socks and undies as an on going joke every year. I bet she would be disappointed if I didn't!

Latest posts

Back