Some nice stamps here....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are beautiful, I love the peacock! Thanks for the info, I am thinking of buying a couple now. :)

Always happy to be an enabler!

happy-smiley57.gif

I seen a few I want..now ya'll need to not post things like this because I still have to master making soap before I can stamp or do anything else. And when I see stuff like this, I want to buy it NOW. I can't make soap if I am busy shopping. :p

Gorgeous stamps, thanks so much for the information. Although I must admit to partially hating you right now for putting more soapy temptation in my way! Seriously though they are really lovely.

Oh, my. Thanks for sharing....

Never having used a stamp on soap, can you suggest what to look for in a soap stamp? Obviously size is important, but what I mean more is -- are some of these too intricate to work well, for example?

Oh, my. Thanks for sharing....

Never having used a stamp on soap, can you suggest what to look for in a soap stamp? Obviously size is important, but what I mean more is -- are some of these too intricate to work well, for example?

That was my concern on them as well DeeAnna, they're beautiful to be certain, but I'm afraid many of them might just be too detailed to be good on soap!

I chose a couple of small ones, very simple, and I just couldn't resist one paisley, that was more intricate. What I looked for specifically, was thin lines that would press easily into the soap. I've found that wider, flatter areas in a stamp, aren't always the easiest to make a good impression with. Or maybe my soap was just too hard, when I tried that particular stamp. Narrow lines have worked best for me. They do have some gorgeous ones, don't they? And yeah, if I'm spending my money......I'm taking you all down with me! LOL

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1424880326.646091.jpg

Ceri from Oakwood Soaperie seems to have use a Paisley one here. Think it looks great with the shiny mica.

I think anything more intricate than that might be a struggle to get a decent imprint though.

I became absolutely certain I needed some :) so I placed an order today for several. Looking forward to trying them out!

I'm a rank novice at this stamping stuff and I was also stamping soap that is 2-3 weeks old, so my work is a bit rough. But the stamps themselves are very nice, and I think they will work very well on the right soap and with a little practice. I am very pleased!

Edit: The light color in some of the stamp imprints is a mica. I like the contrast it adds to the imprint.

overall.jpg

bigSpiral.jpg

fish.jpg

flower.jpg

spiralFeather.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back