Slab molds and shipment

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nehlena

Reaction score
Hello.. again :shock:

I live in Europe and I would like to purchase a slab soap mold, inside containing silicon...
Something like this, but from the site needs to purchase min 10 pieces :shock:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/D0001-large-soft-silicone-soap-slab_60016725839.html

I looked at Brambleberry and one slab that I liked and costed 19$, needs 50$ to come to my country... :shock:

So, I guess somewhere in Europe, shipping should be better...
Have you any suggestions?

Thank you

Hi Nehlena and welcome

i tried to locate a supplier closer to you in the U.K , but i did not find anyone selling that type slab mold with the lining . i search and saw this and i know its far from what you want but i do not know if it could still be workable or you may be able to contact them that they may be able to point you in the right direction locally >>> http://www.dennycraftmoulds.co.uk/p3257/extra-large-plain-soap-slab-mold-make-column-swirls/

if i come across anything that may help you then i will be sure to forward it your way .

Thank you so much...

This mold will produce a slab that will weigh (approximately) a whopping 2.3 Kilos!
this is soooo big, then with such an amount of soap, Susie will definatley write that i want to sell...:crazy: (no hard feeling Susie, I am teasing you)

I want a slab that can contain about 1kg of total batch, to yield about 7 soap bars... friends ask to test what i make and the 4 that I generally make is not enough for us...

I will contact the site to see if they have smaller molds...

thank you again for your time :thumbup:

Nehlena - I was looking for slab molds on Etsy last night and found this from woodsoapmolds. The owner Maggie was very responsive answering my questions. It doesn't have a silicone liner though but she will make molds to size.

Slab Mold.jpg

I found a mold like the rectangular one here at a thrift shop. It has a wire rack for support and a lid. The sides are slanted so that I have to cut strips off the side to get square bars, but it works really well for me, and typically does 2-2.5 lbs of soap, though I can fill it higher to make thicker bars. The brand is "smartware" but perhaps you can find something similar in baking supplies?

mvchsNLrXeqSOctu81XMpDw.jpg

I've had really good success on eBay ordering from China. While its important to vet sellers, if you check that they have good rating etc...many of them have free shipping. Typically the wait is a bit longer, but that's another option. Also, check your countries import tax fees. Depending upon the total amount item is worth, often there's a fee. I haven't gotten a fee yet, but my orders haven't been expensive. At least something to look in to. Also aliexpress is an option you can check. Good luck!

Back