Nurture's next sale, 45% off!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a bit disconcerting. I've never purchased from her, and my only experiences so far have been "we're crashed due to overwhelming our servers" "we're closed due to switching to new servers" and then overwhelmed again.

However, I remember a knitting event a few years back, where the computer people assured the organizers they had it under control (oh, yeah, she's full of it, there's no way THAT many people will try to access it all at once), but it was so broken in seconds! So I understand that stuff can happen. I'll just have to wait until this levels out, and buy at full price ;)

I have not read the comments so I'm not sure what was said, but I can't send any emails or newsletters or updates because my host shut down my site and server. I have no access to anything. :(

Please rest assured I will make this right. I took the word of this new and (very expensive) host that there would be no problem handling large volumes of orders. I tested every possible detail before the sale I could possibly think of and it all went swimmingly. I was ready for a great sale with no problems.

What happened was the failure of the host. I have no control over it and that makes me very frustrated. In the end I will make it right, I promise.

I will write more in a bit. I will send emails and newsletter when I can. I feel helpless right now. I can't do or fix anything. :( I really apologize for this. I will make it right for all of you.

Carrie - Nurture Soap

Thanks for the update!

Have you tried GoDaddy hosting? I know a few people happy with them. I use them but do not do much traffic myself, but I like them for what I do.

I also use Zencart, free store software and I like it also, has tons of great options built in and easy to set sales, discount groups, email out coupons, keep inventory tracked and up to date etc...
Has some great add on's for it also to make things easy to use, including the mod pack for taking paypal payments.
Has a great free support forum too.

I'm not affiliated with either, just happy with both for what I do.

Last edited:
Bug, please read my post above.

Well I hope she extends the sale since the site is down during the sale!
I used the link in this thread.

I just saw this thread so just now tried the site and all I get is "Problem Loading Page" message in Firefox! No store site at all for me at this time. I guess I been trying for about an hour now.

2:18pm central time now.

I'll try more since folks speak highly of them. If prices are normal with other stores and stuff in stock ready to sell, then 45% off I could get $200 order for $110, that's worth tying a few times for I think.
I have so little, need so much, and not allot to spend! :crazy:

Carrie, I understand it wasn't your fault, but it does make it difficult for people, especially those who aren't as familiar with your products. As a new soap maker who is new to your site, I'll purchase from you, but only because I've heard such good things from people on this forum. I hope that you get everything worked out soon! Has the host given you any sort of ETA?

None!!! They were supposed to call me about 1/2 hour ago and it's not happened. I'm at a total loss. I know it makes it difficult for new soapers, and I very much wish I could fix it ASAP. Eventually I will. I don't know how quite yet, but I will!

Carrie, I understand it wasn't your fault, but it does make it difficult for people, especially those who aren't as familiar with your products. As a new soap maker who is new to your site, I'll purchase from you, but only because I've heard such good things from people on this forum. I hope that you get everything worked out soon! Has the host given you any sort of ETA?

Cosmo, your product and customer service speaks for itself. Hang in there! This too shall pass. You can only do what you can do. Breathe...have a drink...this will sort itself out in no time, and you'll be better than ever.
Your friend in the desert,
Cactuslily aka amy

My order went through but I got a few errors. I didn't need these things right away but couldn't pass up the prices.

Carrie, you have a lot of supporters for you and your site. It's frustrating yes but we'll get over it. We know you are working hard. I love your stuff so will wait patiently...though it's hard sometimes.

I was actually pretty mad that I wasn't able to buy anything from Nurture's soap supplies. It kept saying that there wasn't the right amount of items in the cart every single time i tried to check out and even refreshed it a few times! now all the items are probably all gone even though I made sure to be on the site just when the sale hit. what a bummer! :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Bug, please read my post above.

LOL,
I saw that, was lost in a time warp thingy ma bob. LOL

I posted, then saw your post made while I was posting, went back and edited to change my post while you were quoting my post at same time.

I bet others wonder what we were talking about. :crazy:

I'm frustrated, but not as much as you are...and though I've only purchased twice, I'm a loyal customer! I'd tell anyone here not to worry.

When the hypothetical "other" companies (and I've heard of a handful since starting out) ignores complaints, racks up shipping and is rude to their customers...that's when a new soaper should worry and think twice about buying.

When it's a system error on a well run business with excellent customer service, that hasn't had real problems until a big boom of customers developed in a very short amount of time, that's when all new and veteran soapers should realize it's a minor blip on a small business growing and expanding; and their (Nurture's) customer service, quality and shipping is really top notch, so rest assured you're buying from one of the best.

Once the kinks are worked out it will be back to business, and I'll be there :)

Side note, the new site was very difficult to navigate on the mobile view. I do 99.9997% of everything off a cell, so that's a hard thing for me (when sites don't have a mobile friendly format). It had a mobile web page view, but it wasn't "friendly"...something I wanted to throw out there.

I second a drink Carrie! Get some rest tonight (I'm thinking it's been a while since that's happened now!!!).

I was actually pretty mad that I wasn't able to buy anything from Nurture's soap supplies. It kept saying that there wasn't the right amount of items in the cart every single time i tried to check out and even refreshed it a few times! now all the items are probably all gone even though I made sure to be on the site just when the sale hit. what a bummer! :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

You should check out their Facebook page. Carrie has a solution if you're interested in getting the items with the sale price.

You should check out their Facebook page. Carrie has a solution if you're interested in getting the items with the sale price.

I hope I get a voucher cause a lot of people are saying not to give it out. But how is that freaking fair to those such as myself getting on the site on time but it failing on me. i seriously almost threw my phone out the window because i was so fruatrated that all the goods are being bought out and here im stuck at the very last step in check out and its just not letting me go through. I had over 25 items in my cart ready to go! Now ita probably on 3 things left augh

What is the Facebook page, got a link?
I don't do Face book myself, but can have wife check it out when she gets home.

I see for now the site is back up and just looking around seems to be working for now, at least I can see what they sell.

Lionprincess00...amen! I'm a new soaper, and aside from amazing customer service, carries has offered to help me, and has when I know how busy she is. Nurture soap cares about the product and the people who are using it. I hate to feel she's stressing out more than she needs to. Some things are simply out of your control, and everyone else needs to give her a pass and roll with it.
It's going to be all right.

I found WSP's recent sale much more frustrating. I had everything loaded up ahead of time, once the sale started checking should be easy...except so many things were gone in 2 seconds my cart didn't have enough left to make the $40 minimum.

Here is a link to the Facebook page. It's mobile because I do everything from my phone. https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1374707366083359

Thanks, will check here and FB later and see if anything new or fixed.

I got to look at the store a bit anyway today. I may order a few things like Mica's maybe if still on sale when store is up and working.
Mostly I am wanting/needing things they don't sell so glad I got to see the store some today. Now I don't need to wait to order my EO's etc... since they don't have them anyway, I can just go somewhere else to order those.

Well as a new customer, this is extremely frustrating. I tried to order last time and couldn't. Today I had the items I wanted in my cart. Couldn't get to it at 3, but when I went to do so, the site was down. Now I find on the Facebook page that a voucher is offered to people who got a certain error. What about the rest of the customers that couldn't order but didn't get that error?

Latest posts

Back