Jet Tall & Skinny Mold Co-op Group on FB

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here are the 3 soaps I did in my molds last night....I poured to a height of 3.5 inches and at cutting, each bar weighed in at roughly 5.5 oz, so not a bad size bar. Mind you, my cutter is set to cut 1 1/8" bars, not 1 inch, so they'll be slightly smaller if you cut at 1"

Overall I'm really happy with the molds. I was afraid they'd be "TOO" skinny, but I was really happy with the way they came out :) In fact, I ordered 2 more yesterday....ones that were never claimed or the buyer changed their mind on :D

My photography skills are lacking, but anywho here they are :) They're not cleaned up, but you get the idea!

Champagne.JPG

cucumber.JPG

Margarita Lime.jpg

So excited for you! I just ordered the T&S from American Soaping Supplies since they are on sale, so will HAVE to restrain myself. Although it is good to know that the WSP ones will be around - once they get here, now they say to check back tomorrow - and are cheap if an alternative is needed.

Rhonda, the soaps are beautiful. Does is the last one a CP MP mix? If so, how did you do it? If not, what did you use for the colors? I really like them.

T&S mold is in stock at WSP, the info hasn't been posted yet...tap...tap...tap

Rhonda, the soaps are beautiful. Does is the last one a CP MP mix? If so, how did you do it? If not, what did you use for the colors? I really like them.

The last one is a CP MP mix yes :) Once I had my CP in the mold - I did a basic ITP swirl for it, I melted about 6oz of my homemade M base colored it green then just did a basic drop swirl into the mold right down the middle of the CP batter. Then I grabbed my handy dandy hanger tool and just ran that thru it all once or twice. That's it :)

It is so pretty. I love the translucence of the mp part, you can see it in the photo. I am going to try it today! Thank you for the advice, I'm sure mine will not be as nice, but it is so much fun trying.

I emailed WSP yesterday, they responded nicely/thusly, so hopefully we will all have some fingernails left:

"Thank you for contacting WSP customer service in regards to our products. We too have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new molds! They are in our warehouse but not yet on the shelves which should be later today. We will then be taking them out to measure and test in our lab so we can add photos and a description to our website. Our goal is to have this done today but I cannot guarantee that. Please check back."

Urgh, Rhonda, my soap looks like the ugly, ugly step-sister to yours. Its big fat foot is getting nowhere near that crystal slipper. The mp went ok, although did not put in enough, but tried doing 2 cp colors (as well as the base), and they got gloppy before I could pour. So I made it worse by sticking in the swirly tool, resulting in mixing everything up into a muddy mess. Don't even want to give this to anyone, even though it still smells good.

Trying again .....

WSP Tall and Skinny dimensions as seen in a reply to a question on their Facebook page: The dimensions to the tall skinny mold are: 2.5" wide, 3.5" tall, and 8" long.

Back