Sales Pitch?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make a list of the features and benefits of your soap. Figure out what need each feature & benefit fulfills. Craft your conversations around that.

to the OP, I personally don't like that comparing yourself to BBW approach. if someone approached me and said that my immediate response would be "who do you think you are?", and be turned off with your approach. I don't sell, but I frequent markets (craft and farmers). below is the approach that I like the best as a customer.

vendor [big smile] "hello, how are you? if you have any questions about anything, please let me know" and add in if you have any specials for the day. something polite, friendly and short.

and, if the customer starts asking questions, instead, I would just talk about your product - your story, why you started making, why you like your product, the different products you have available, etc. I wouldn't mention other brands unless someone mentions it....

hope that helps

^^^This is exactly the approach I like best, too.^^^

Nothing bugs me more than a 'come on' sales pitch. I'm the type of shopper that will purposely go miles and miles out of my way to avoid any booth/seller that greets/approaches me with much of anything beyond what Neeners wrote above. Anything beyond that makes me feel 'pimped', or that I'm being coerced to buy something against my will. And it does not matter to me if the seller did not intend for me to feel that way either. The very second that I begin to feel that I'm being pimped or coerced in any way is the very second that the seller has lost me as a customer, even in spite of how awesome the product might be.

Just smile and say a friendly hello to me, let me know you are available if I have any questions, then just leave me alone to look. That's the kind of approach that will have the best chance of drawing me in and piquing my curiosity about your product instead of repelling me.

IrishLass :)

^^^This is exactly the approach I like best, too.^^^

Nothing bugs me more than a 'come on' sales pitch. I'm the type of shopper that will purposely go miles and miles out of my way to avoid any booth/seller that greets/approaches me with much of anything beyond what Neeners wrote above. Anything beyond that makes me feel 'pimped', or that I'm being coerced to buy something against my will. And it does not matter to me if the seller did not intend for me to feel that way either. The very second that I begin to feel that I'm being pimped or coerced in any way is the very second that the seller has lost me as a customer, even in spite of how awesome the product might be.

Just smile and say a friendly hello to me, let me know you are available if I have any questions, then just leave me alone to look. That's the kind of approach that will have the best chance of drawing me in and piquing my curiosity about your product instead of repelling me.

IrishLass :)

Yes, yes, yes to both. I just went to a market this weekend and a local soaper I've never seen before practically jumped me when I approached her table, telling me all about her products and all their "medicinal" benefits. When I tried to back away, she kept going at it. But once I saw that she was pushing melt and pour (blocks, not anything fancy) I was done looking. But, nope, not getting away so easily - she started handing me paperwork to take home and read. Yo, I'm not looking for homework, thanks :)

Latest posts

Back