Rebatching

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenlwhi2

Reaction score
I've done a limited amount if rebatching soap. A few batches turned out great! And a few Will absolutely NOT harden. It's been 6 weeks and these are still squishy. Any ideas? I just did a new batch yesterday and they have that squishy feel that I'm worried isn't going to harden :/

This is how I rebatched:
In an oven bag I grated apprx 45 oz of freshly cut (1 day out of mold)soap. Added 2 oz milk. (Im suspecting this was too much?) Heated in a pot of water. Added 1.5 oz eo before putting in mold.

Batch yesterday was:
Approx 60 oz grated 6 week old soap. Added 7.5 oz milk (it was very dry). Added 1 oz fo after heated. I'm hopeful this batch will harden but it's super soft right now.

Did i just add too much milk?
Thanks!

Sounds like WAY too much additional liquid. I rarely ever add liquid to my rebatch unless it is over 6 months old, and even then it's an ounce or 2 at a time.

Sounds like WAY too much additional liquid. I rarely ever add liquid to my rebatch unless it is over 6 months old, and even then it's an ounce or 2 at a time.
I was going off a tutorial I found online and I thought it seemed like way too much. But, like i said, I'm new to it. Ok, good to know! Guess I'm gonna need to rebatch my rebatch. :/

Do u reckon i could oven rrbatch this and evaporate off some of the Liquid? The reason I ask is one of the rebatched that turned out grest I put in the oven and it hardened up just fine! It also had the same amount of liquid added.

Do u reckon i could oven rrbatch this and evaporate off some of the Liquid? The reason I ask is one of the rebatched that turned out grest I put in the oven and it hardened up just fine! It also had the same amount of liquid added.

Could be. I've only ever rebatched in a crock-pot, so I can only guess that it would work.

Back