Introduction

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel_Gago

Reaction score
How are you all doing?

My name is Gabriel, I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and I have been making shaving - related products for a year now, specially shaving soap.

I love wetshaving, it even made me get a barbers diploma and found a Brazilian wetshaving forum where, fortunately, most of my sales come from. One day, a good friend of mine decided that he would make shaving soaps, asked me if I wanted to form a partnership with him, and funny enough when he actually came into a really great formula and send me to try it, he decided to pull off from this idea and taught me the who's and how's... And a year later here I am, with several different soaps, lotions, balms and gels, thank God, tested and approved by my community. I even tied me own shoelaces last week. [emoji1]

It's actually a funnier story than it sounds, but I don't want to take much of your time here. I'm really sad it took me this long to find this forum where I read some really great stuff, but, better late than never, huh?

Looking forward to learn much more with you guys, thanks for having me aboard, and congratulations on the great place you have here.

Ps; as Portugueses is my native language, i apologize in advance for the screw-ups in English that i certainly ought to do [emoji28]

Gabriel, Olá e bem vindo! Seu inglês é muito bom. Não se preocupe.

I even tied me own shoelaces last week.
:grin:
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
Very funny!

My nephew married a lovely Brazilian lady (born in the USA) in the chapel at the base of the statue of Christ The Redeemer in Rio. 25 wedding guests stayed at a Villa 3 blocks away from Ipanema Beach. Both of their children are bi-lingual. You live in a beautiful fun-loving city. I'm so happy to have you join us.

If you don't mind, I'd like your opinion... Does stearic acid + coconut oil or tallow make a good shaving soap?

Latest posts

Back