July Challenge entry thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya-m

Reaction score
Entries can now be submitted!! Please post ONLY your entries on this thread. Any other comments/compliments or discussion should be left on the original challenge thread.

And in case you missed it in the challenge thread, there will be a prize for the first time this month in the form of a SMF Sticker very kindly donated by the headmistress of SMF (Angie).:)

soap_zpsdyiplpbg.jpg

Here is mine. Lard, CO and AO, BB's tobacco and bay seasoning (mom's favorite).

Last edited:
There is a little teeny feather here and there, but they are hard to spot, especially since the lighting in the "laboratory" is not great. I used what I had: brick red oxide, purple Brazilian clay. Scented with the last drops I had of Moonlight Pom, Peach, and Lavender Cedar. I call it, Spiced Pomegranate and will probably put it away for Christmas teacher gifts. Oh! OO, Lard, CO, coconut water.

1468977899307.jpg

1468977918287.jpg

1468977940296.jpg

I made 5 attempts and this is my favorite out of them even though it actually had the least feathering of the three that I had some success with.

It is a blend of Eucalyptus and Tea Tree eo, colors are uncolored, winter white, spring green, and green vibrance blended with some sparkle mica (all colors from nurture except the black sparkle is from WSP).

I'm sorry for the poor pictures, we were leaving for our road trip (I am in Oregon on the road as we speak) and had to rush to take pictures to post.

1469136767781.jpg

1469136782015.jpg

Not bad considering how thick the batter was. I am happy with it! Micas from Nurture, scent was an Apple freebie tester, also from Nurture. Smells like apples!
Also, this was poured in a one-pound loaf mold, so for whoever was asking if that would work, it can!
Edited to change entry photo after reheating soap to force full gel. The orange is so much easier to differentiate from the red now, and I am even more happy with it!

IMG_1152.jpg

Last edited:
Well its going to be my only chance to do it, so we're going to have to go with this one, I really wish the feathering were better

kaolin clay, chrome oxide, iron oxide, titanium dioxide, alkanet, charcoal, with WSP's Wasabi fragrance oil

She was getting pretty thick there toward the end, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to pour

tumblr_oau52uqCvT1rcpo9po1_540.jpg

tumblr_oau52uqCvT1rcpo9po2_r1_540.jpg

Last edited:
I used Vinegar for slightly half of the water (166 g) so it would harden faster. The loaf came out of the mold cleanly without damaging any of the corners. Scented with Soapalooza's Vanilla Orchid Blossom and colored with Nurture Soap's Hollywood Pink and Turquoise micas and some TD because the FO discolors to tan. Lard/Olive/Coconut/Rice Bran/Castor (45/30/10/10/5).

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0260.JPG

Latest posts

Back