Share your favorite aromatherapy recipe!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a test with a group of girls once...a bottle of tea tree oil was passed around, then a bottle of lavender. It was almost unanimous...people who despised tea tree loved lavender, and visa versa. Except me who loves them both LOL. But I will say that I love lavender more....

One of my favorite bedtime blends is equal parts bergamot and cedar. Knocks me right out when my brain won't stop talking.

I am not an aromatherapist but have used lots of Volant essential oils in the past.
Off the top of my head, the relaxing ones of those are:
Lavender - my favourite all time.
Clary Sage - if I remember rightly is especially good for period pain.
Geranium
Ylang-ylang

The citrus ones - mandarin, lemon, bergamot are pick me ups.
Tea tree - I tend to keep for colds and when I need an antiseptic as its not a fragrancy smell.

yeah, clary sage is touted for being good for period pain, however that is not the first thing I grab out of my medicine cabinet when I have cramps LOL. Plus I don't really like the smell all by itself. It needs to be blended with something, for me anyway.

Same with ylang ylang. Too perfumey-y for me. I love the smell, just not by itself. I have an old bottle of it. It's kinda hard to get out of the bottle when it is new, but even more so now that it is "aged" lol.

Black pepper is a neat smell to add to combos. I say it is spicey sweet. I like it with woodsy smells. Good for your joints.

Just spent a small purse on 2ml of sandalwood. I probably won't even use it for anything other than smelling oob. I just really love the smell of sandalwood. It was really hard to come by at all for a while because of sustainability. I don't think I can justify dumping it into a diffuser that is going to last an hour lol. If I hit the lottery then maybe I will buy a bottle of it...

Can't say I have a favorite recipe/combination of essential oils. I like them all differently for different reasons. Like bergamot/cedar is my favorite for sleeping. Lavender too for that same reason. I used to have a picture of my crazy cat zonked out under a lavender bush that I used to have LOL.

There are so many – but, my favorite blend to diffuse when friends are coming over is lavender, lemon and rosemary in the ratio 1:1:1. My guests love this welcoming aroma.

Back