Cardamom FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliab86

Reaction score
I wanted to try scenting my CP soaps with cardamom and lemongrass. I already have lemongrass EO, but the cardamom EOs I've found are a little on the costly side.

I've searched on the internet and found cardamom FOs, but the ones I've found are mixed with other scents. Does anyone know where I can find cardamom FOs?

Thanks in advance!

It's hard to find a single note cardamom. I believe that Save On Scents may have one. The Scent Works version smells mostly of cardamom.

I love cardamom and have sprung for the EO. A little goes a long way. Even as 10-20% of a blend, you can tell it's there.

Thanks for the reply, Judy! I'll definitely have to look those up.

Additional question, is it even a good idea to mix EOs and FOs in a soap? Didn't even consider that issue until after I asked.

I may just spring for the EO. It'll be my luxury :)

Yes, you can mix the two. I prefer EOs and single note FOs but there are some EOs that are just too expensive (jasmine, neroli, etc.) so I use a good quality FO for blending. And sometimes I mix them just for fun.

I have a sandalwood (FO), patchouli & cardamom (EO) blend that is super yummy.

Last time I checked, Liberty Natural had the best price on cardamom. You could also try New Directions Aromatics.

Latest posts

Back