My first black & white soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terminatortoo

Reaction score
I made my first attempt at a black and white soap and I am so excited and I can't wait until I can unmold it and see how the inside looks!
I scented it with Love Spell FO

IMG_1264.JPG

I love black and whites too, but I never seem to make my black black enough. Yours looks great. Great swirls too. Please post a cut pic!

I know I have the same problem, every time I have used activated charcoal it eventually seems to look bluish. I hope that does not happen this time. I will post a pic when I cut them hopefully sometime tomorrow.

Very nice! I have a problem with getting my white to look white and my black to look black... I am guessing I am not using enough titanium dioxide in the whites, the blacks are slowly improving. I have been using mica, but I have some charcoal to try, just not sure the best way to use it.

Very nice! I have a problem with getting my white to look white and my black to look black... I am guessing I am not using enough titanium dioxide in the whites, the blacks are slowly improving. I have been using mica, but I have some charcoal to try, just not sure the best way to use it.
In my very limited experience, black oxide is much blacker than charcoal and in this one I had to use TD because I added some soapwort root powder and it made the white turn grayish.

I was actually thinking of picking up some black oxide with my latest WSP order, but didn't because I already have the mica and charcoal. Maybe next month...

I love black and white soaps, but somehow never succeed to make them. They always come out of mold ugly or strange. I must be doing something wrong. Last one I made never hardened. Yours looks wonderful.

Ok here is my soap almost 24 hours later and I have had this happen a few times now, can someone please tell me why it looks like it's sweating? Plus it has turned gray on me which is what I was afraid of oh well it's still pretty. Still too soft to cut.

IMG_1271.JPG

Sometimes mine does that too. I usually spray mine with alcohol and then put plastic wrap securely over the top of the mold. When its still slightly warm the EO or FO or excess moisture can weep just a tad. If you just wait and give it some time it will reabsorb(which I'm sure you know since you say this has happened to you before......so stating the obvious :p) When this happens it helps me not to jump the gun where cutting is concerned. I'm sure it will look great!

Sometimes mine does that too. I usually spray mine with alcohol and then put plastic wrap securely over the top of the mold. When its still slightly warm the EO or FO or excess moisture can weep just a tad. If you just wait and give it some time it will reabsorb(which I'm sure you know since you say this has happened to you before......so stating the obvious :p) When this happens it helps me not to jump the gun where cutting is concerned. I'm sure it will look great!
Yes it does not seem to hurt the soap but I was just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I forgot to spray it with alcohol! Grrrr!

Back