Indonesian Teakwood

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melstan775

Reaction score
Base is uncolored and has almost colloidal oatmeal. Top is blue and white with light swirl. It came out looking like the beach which is exactly as I intended. However, I hate, hate, hate the scent of the Indonesian Teakwood. I plan on making this one again and scenting it with something tropical, and naming it Pacific Blue or Caribbean Blue.

IndonesianTeakwoodFinished.jpg

Indonesian2.jpg

oh wow, these remind me of sand and surf! I lov the marbled look, I havent been able to master that yet. This is my favorite color combo by the way.. blue, beige/brown and white :)

Wow, I love the look of this, it does look like the surf coming into a beach. I am sorry that you don't like the scent :-(

Oh thanks I'm glad you all like them. I really like them. RR, the swirl was easy. The soap accelerated FAST, so I stirred theblue down down down to make it manageable and poured it into the mold. Then I used only 1/2 cup of white poured from up high. The thick batter kept it from going all the way through. then I used a craft dowel (it's about the size of one of those chopsticks everyone uses), and stuck it in at an angle. I simple did a circle up and down each part of the soap to mix the white in.

These look amazing! How did you get that shade of blue? That is literally my favorite color.

I used generic blue liquid color from Micheals and squeezed the hell out of the bottle, probably a good dozen drops. Stirred. It was almost turquoise. Added more color. Was Very turquoise, like a dark teal.

Base is uncolored and has almost colloidal oatmeal. Top is blue and white with light swirl. It came out looking like the beach which is exactly as I intended. However, I hate, hate, hate the scent of the Indonesian Teakwood. I plan on making this one again and scenting it with something tropical, and naming it Pacific Blue or Caribbean Blue.

Ok, I'm showing my ignorance here, but what is ALMOST COLLOIDAL oatmeal? And what is the advantage of using it?

Almost colloidal oatmeal is oatmeal that I ground up in my food processor instead of buying colloidal oatmeal, which is essentially fine oat flour. :) it's not as fine but its fine enough. Colloidal oatmeal adds soft slip and a bit of moisture to the soap. I used it to make the look of sand.

Back