Christmas!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonkite

Reaction score

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The snowflakes are scented with spearmint and peppermint essential oils (at first they smelled like toothpaste, but it's mellowed out), the gingerbread men are goat's milk with oatmeal and honey, with cinnamon and spices (didn't hold the scent, unfortunately), and the Christmas trees are colored with parsley, with tea tree and lavender essential oils.

The trees almost didn't make it, it took me three tries. First, I tried to CPOP them and they overheated. Then, I did it over again and had them all set, and when I was getting ready to unmold them I thought to myself, "Hey, the tea tree and lavender really covered up the smell of the lard! I don't smell it at all..." I had, of course, forgotten to put it in. I figured at least I knew what was missing and could put it back in, but I didn't want the superfat to all be lard. So I recalculated to use cocoa butter instead, with the same amount of lye and the same end superfat percentage I'd been aiming for, and rebatched into it the first ones that had overheated.

But they're done, yay!

Adorable! Don't you just LOVE that gingerbread man mold? For soap that is. I tried baking in it when I first purchased it and it was a disaster. But it's the best thing ever to happen to soap! You must be expert at rebatching, cuz I would never have guessed. They look great.

BakingNana said:
You must be expert at rebatching, cuz I would never have guessed. They look great.
Thanks very much! No, actually, this was the first time I'd tried rebatching... But it was basically half CPHP and half rebatch. And of course I picked the best looking ones for the photo, lol.

I do love the molds. I picked them up at the Christmas Tree Shop for something like $3 or $4 each. Definitely going to be keeping an eye out for more.

Thanks everybody!

Latest posts

Back