Looking for Lavender

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommycarlson

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am looking for a good lavender FO that doesn't misbehave or discolor. I have not had the best luck with the last one I used, it made my bar a funny texture and discolored. I was able to HP with it and it worked fine. But I need one that behaves well in CP. Anyone have any good ones? Thank you so much for your help!

I used a Lavender FO from WSP recently and it behaved very nicely. It smells good to me - I'm not really a floral connoisseur so I don't know how it compares to other FOs. But everyone who has smelled it likes it.

See, that is the problem with me, I do not like florals but a friend asked me to make her some lavender soap. I appreciate the info. Did you notice any discoloring so far?

I know EOs are more expensive than FOs pretty much across the board, but lavender EO is one of the not horridly expensive ones. Had you considered actually using the EO instead of an FO? I got 40/42 from Bulk Apothecary, and as long as I don't get too heavy handed with it, it smells like I expect lavender to (too much and it can develop a sharp sort of edge to the scent). I've used it in several batches of soap, and it sticks really well so far.

Toxicon, thank you! I've seen your soaps (and "liked" them too) they are beautiful! Can you tell me which WSP lavender you used? There are several.

Kittish, thank you, yes, I've used lavender EO as well and I can't remember why I ordered FO this last time. The one that misbehaved on me is from BA.

I've been using Tassi Lavender from Majestic Mountain Sage and it is a very nice FO. I haven't tried any from WSP, but I do also like BBs Lavender Bouquet and Lavender Cedar. They are not a single note lavender though. All behave well and do not discolor.

Back