Rosewood E.O.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was given an enormous jug of Rosewood E.O. because the lady said it seizes so bad she didn't want to work with it. So I made a Lemon, Rosewood, Lavender, Geranium blend with extra water and cooler temps. It worked well and sells medium well. Any other suggestions?

According to what I have read, rosewood E.O. blends well with Sweet Orange, Lemon, Lime, Litsea, Ylang Ylang, Rose, and Jasmine

I did a blend with 2 parts rosewood, 2 parts lemon (now that I know about lemon fading I'd probably use 1/2-1 part litsea or lemograss) and 1 part lavender. Another I liked was rosewood, amyris, ylang and lavender - I don't remember the exact amounts, but it was lighter on the ylang than the rest.

I love rosewood with vanilla, heavy on the vanilla and durn the mahogany soap.

It combines well with any floral in light doses and almost any fruit scent. I might avoid strawberry, but that's about it.

Do you say light doses because of acceleration or scent?

Mostly because of the scent. I find sweet odors to be overpowering at times and, on balance, I'd prefer a lot of rosewood to a little accent of a floral.

Florals do tend to accelerate a bit, but I usually know that's going to happen and plan soaping temperature and swirl (if any) appropriately.

Mostly because of the scent. I find sweet odors to be overpowering at times and, on balance, I'd prefer a lot of rosewood to a little accent of a floral.

Florals do tend to accelerate a bit, but I usually know that's going to happen and plan soaping temperature and swirl (if any) appropriately.

Don't you find Rosewood to accelerate too? I would love to try your suggestion but I was trying to blend it with scents that I know don't accelerate so as to lessen that possibility. My Rosewood came from Wellington Fragrance.

Don't you find Rosewood to accelerate too? I would love to try your suggestion but I was trying to blend it with scents that I know don't accelerate so as to lessen that possibility. My Rosewood came from Wellington Fragrance.

Mine didn't, but I do tend to soap cold (115° absolute maximum) and with fuller water than most seem to use (30% oil weight, absolute floor, more usually 33-35%).

Now plumeria scent, that I have trouble with. And violet, carnation...

Mine didn't, but I do tend to soap cold (115° absolute maximum) and with fuller water than most seem to use (30% oil weight, absolute floor, more usually 33-35%).

Now plumeria scent, that I have trouble with. And violet, carnation...

I haven't tried any of those scents. Soap cold? I soap at 90 to 105! I don't gel. And usually 35% lye solution but with the Rosewood higher water, don't remember what it was without looking at notes.

Hi
Ik this is an old post but can Rosewood Essential oil or there's this Bois de Rose Fragrance oil I found, be used on its own with Soap? Or does it needs to be blended with something else?
I was thinking of doing a madder root colored Soap bcz the colour is similar to Rosewood.

Back