Bath bomb "baking" light?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toriej92

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have been making bath bombs for about six months now. I live in a VERY humid climate. It takes my bath bombs up to a week to dry when the most successful recipe I have found calls for only a few hours. Like many people I know I have the usual issue of the recipe working sometimes and not so much the next time.
Anyway, today while at a new bath and body store I saw the "baking" rack for bathbombs that were not finished drying yet. The bath bombs were under what looked to be maybe ultraviolet or some others types of lights? Does anyone have any have any idea about this could be? I would love to have the drying problem fixed.

I have heard of people putting their bath bombs in the oven at a very low heat to dry them out but don't have any experience myself.

Could they have been heat lamps like restaurants use? Hmm I also have a full spectrum / heating bulb for reptiles that maybe would do the job.

The light was almost like the color of a tanning bed. Sort of a bright (though not as bright) yellowish. So sort of heat lamp-ish. I suppose I can just go ask. But they may see through my curiosity!

Maybe a grow light used for germinating seeds (I’m also a gardener and have a few of these myself!), or a heat lamp light sometimes used to warm cold-blooded terrarium animals? Or, even just really bright floursent lights that give off some heat? Very interesting, I’m curious now too! :)

Have you considered a dehumidifier?

Maybe a grow light used for germinating seeds (I’m also a gardener and have a few of these myself!), or a heat lamp light sometimes used to warm cold-blooded terrarium animals? Or, even just really bright floursent lights that give off some heat? Very interesting, I’m curious now too! :)

Have you considered a dehumidifier?

The OP hasn’t been here in 2 years. Not likely to see your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back