~*~ SMF October 2017 Challenge - Simple Minimalistic Swirl! ~*~
~ October 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Lye-Based Soap Forum > Matching soap with fragrance

Old 08-11-2017, 03:11 PM   #11
dixiedragon

Liked 3665 Times on 2112 Posts
Likes Given: 1614

Quote:
Originally Posted by penelopejane View Post
I have a coffee soap that I like. I usually use Moroccan spice fragrance because it discolours and I like the scent.
Should it have a coffee scent?
I'd have to use an FO because coffee EO is $160 for 100g
If I wanted to go natural would it be silly to have rosemary (or something else) scented coffee soap? If so, any suggestions for a sensible EO?
I think those work together because it is a 'dark' scent.

I have a pineapple FO that I like....but it discolors DARK brown and I just don't think pineapple scent works with dark brown soap.

I think if you frame it as coffee soap with X fragrance, that works better to my mind than X fragrance with coffee. So...Coffee Soap with rose fragrance is better than Rose Soap that is brown and has coffee. Does that make sense? LOL not really.

People Like This 
Old 08-12-2017, 07:40 PM   #12
soapmaker
Soapmaker

Liked 48 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I make a mocha latte with coffee, chocolate and a little bit of vanilla fo. I separate out a small amount of base to leave uncolored. I color the rest with cocoa powder and swirl the uncolored. The vanilla makes the uncolored just a bit creamy beige, the rest is darker brown. Just don't bite it!

penelopejane Likes This