Where do you buy soap making supplies?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon took the Snappy CO off of Prime for me. :( I found ED to be cheapest with the $44.45/2 gallon with free shipping. I am about to order some. I need KOH anyway. Shame the shipping for the KOH is twice the price of the KOH.

Hopefully they will bring it back soon. I just ordered some last week.

Amazon took the Snappy CO off of Prime for me. :( I found ED to be cheapest with the $44.45/2 gallon with free shipping. I am about to order some. I need KOH anyway. Shame the shipping for the KOH is twice the price of the KOH.

ED is almost twice as expensive as Soaper's Choice.

ED - $44.50 for 2 gallons.
SC - $14.35 for 1 gallon = $28.70 for 2 gallons.

SC doesn't have free shipping (and they don't carry lye), but if you go head and place a big order it is well worth it.

Even without prime, I think you can still get free shipping on $35+. So order two. I don't have prime and thats how I "Beat the system"

But also essentials depot has it for $44 for 2 gallons and free shipping. LAst time I checked. That's backup plan #2

So who's reputable in selling soap making products?

The best people I have worked with is Bulk Apothecary (bulkapothecary.com/categories/soap-making-supplies.html)They have the best soap making products in the U.S. and have great pricing as well. I use them each month. I would recommend them to anyone.

Soaper's Choice is less expensive on many of their items compared to Bulk Apothecary by quite a bit for Carrier Oils and butters.

Last edited:
I've purchased from local grocery stores and the soaping store closets to me. For bulk I've gone to The Chemistry Store for butters and oils. I've ordered a few of their FO and didn't really like them.

Last edited:
Best Soap supplies

The best soap supplies I have found are the wholesale soap supplies from Bulk Apothecary. I buy twice a year and have enough to make my soap and my kids' soap. It is the one of the best things I can do as a grandfather-- make healthy and affordable soap for all of my family.

For everything else: I've been very pleased with the quality for general soaping supplies from Wholesale Supplies Plus ($40 minimum order)

LOL! Like we need the minimum order barrier.

OP, I've ordered oils, molds, fragrances, colorants, etc from Bulk Apothecary, Bramble Berry, Mad Oils, and Essential Depot. And Amazon! I've been happy with all those companies. The only thing I'm not impressed with so far is Mad Oils' fragrances (I've only tried two though, so YMMV) they smelled great but didn't stick well in CP. But their micas are terrific!

Back