MMS Lilac FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artemis

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I am fresh back from my travels and jumped right back in, trying my new lilac FO from the Sage. It's perfect out of the bottle. I've been putting drops of it on paper towels and hiding them all over the house. Lilac is one of my favorite scents!

Using their fragrance calculator, I went with the measurement for "strong scent." I was a little cautious with the stick blender, anticipating acceleration since it's a floral and I had some butters in the recipe. It did get a little thick on me, but the batter was still manageable.

Now that it's done, I think I should have gone a little heavier with the scent. I mostly smell the cocoa butter, with a hint of lilac. Maybe the cocoa butter scent will fade and the lilac will be more obvious. I will let you know.

1502157500155.jpg

Update: so after this long, they still smell like lilac, but a more mellow lilac. The cocoa butter did fade, but I still feel like it's hiding there somewhere. I always feel like a real lilac has an almost edible quality to the scent. This has that a little bit. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else. I just used it again today, and I had no acceleration this time, so maybe I was a little blender-happy last time.

Back