Whipped body butter help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapprentice

Reaction score
Hey guys, I tried my hand at a whipped body butter for myself with 50% Shea 10- mango, 20-Co, 10- Argan and 10 -Jojoba oil. It was perfect for my skin butthere was a small issue, it melts if not refrigerated . I am from India and the temperature is a little high and it melts. I considered adding Beeswax but I am not sure about how light it would be if I add it. Could you recommend an ingredient that would help keep the butter light and yet not melt the butter. I am not opposed to synthetic ingredients.

I feel you, I live in a desert and my butters tend to turn into sad mush during the summer. I do like to use wax, and I don't think it makes it denser -- it does take a little longer to work into the skin, but ymmv.

I feel you, I live in a desert and my butters tend to turn into sad mush during the summer. I do like to use wax, and I don't think it makes it denser -- it does take a little longer to work into the skin, but ymmv.

I should give it a try then. I want to send it to my dad who is in other state as he has same skin type and I am sure as hell it will melt on the way.:cry:

Decrease the coconut oil to 15% and the combined liquid oils to 15% total. Add an extra 10% of the mango butter. The mango butter isn't too greasy- should still feel great on the skin.

Other option: switch the high melt Shea butter and coconut oil.

Decrease the coconut oil to 15% and the combined liquid oils to 15% total. Add an extra 10% of the mango butter. The mango butter isn't too greasy- should still feel great on the skin.

Other option: switch the high melt Shea butter and coconut oil.

Will give it a try.. I love Shea butter though.. so I might not remove it totally. I might add a bit of Carnabua wax.

I too use 75% butter (mostly shea) in mine. I also use IPM to help with the greasy factor though I don't mind it. Mine stays firm at room temp but will melt in the heat outside. I don't make/sell mine during the summer.

Back