Having a really bad day

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*hugs Saponista* I'm so sorry. :( And biking everywhere is a good idea! I need to get back on my bike. I stopped for winter when it was getting dark too early, and I haven't gotten back into it since the days started lengthening again. If I can get it to where I can get up the hill, I could even theoretically bike to work. (My main office is close to home for me, just up a huge hill!)

awww.....I'm so sorry! sucks about rules like that....no leeway!

on the brighter note, you're going to get a ton of exercise and fresh air on your bike, AND you have lots of excuses to stay home all day and make soap! hehe

hope you feel better soon, and that the next year passes quickly for you. *hugs*

That sucks :sad: . I hope the next year brings you something fabulous to make up for the loss of freedom. Glad you at least have places to go in biking distance!

I have another idea... This is the perfect year to travel abroad. You don't need -- or even want -- to drive for that! A cruise sounds nice. Hey, how about a flight across the pond, an unhurried hopscotch across the US, then a ferry up to Alaska!! In fact the ferry starts in Bellingham, Washington, which is also were Brambleberry is located. You'd be like a kid in a candy store sniffing all of their fragrances! And surely a trip like that would leave all of the mean unicorns behind. I didn't even know there were mean unicorns. But if any should happen to follow you, I'll sick a brown bear or wolf on it when you get up here. And then we'll make soap!

I love CaraBou's idea too Ruthie!! It would be so brilliant to meet all you soapers from across the pond. Shame it's so expensive to travel!! The thought if visiting bramble berry HQ is making me drool!! We don't have anything on that scale over here, us soapers are a minority.

We're a minority here, also. We are just a very vocal bunch!

Seriously, that sucks. But, on the bright side, you are going to get fit and trim biking around everywhere! I saw some awesome bikes somewhere that had some major hauling possibilities...now to find the link...

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-23587916

http://dutchbikebrands.com/

Last edited:
Hills are a nightmare on bikes, I feel your pain and Plymouth is very hilly!

Hills are your friends. They make you work but reward you with the downhill run. Soon the up is easier and the downhill arrives more quickly. The true nightmare is the bike to nowhere that people insist on using in their homes or gyms, missing out on the sights and smells of the natural world that cyclists enjoy. It makes the mental and physical aspects of life better. I love the bike.

Sorry to hear this. *hugs* I've had various types of seizures all my life, so I have gone through the "not driving" thing here and there, usually only for 6 months at a time though, and just between me and my doctor, while we worked out whatever issue was affecting things... Usually tired or stress, sometimes a medication making me more prone to seizure. It is definitely frustrating to feel that loss of independence. Sucks that it is mandatory there...

I don't have any unicorn stories, scones, or pasties, but I have a fun video of 2 guys rocking on cello! Sadly, it's not TEG, but they are both cute!

2 Cellos - Thunderstruck

(hope this posts ok)

Last edited:
The kind responses from all over the world have really helped me get through the last few days. It's stopped me feeling so alone so thank you everyone, I really appreciate it.

I remember those stories we read in school about stow aways. Maybe we could figure out a way to get you and your bike to this side of the pond. Let's work on that. When we get that done we can start on your itinerary. If you come in through the Gulf of Mexico I can meet you in Houston or Corpus Christi. There are some good suppliers in North Texas.

Latest posts

Back