You know you're a crazy soap person when...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when your bf has someone over, you start cutting your soap. they walk over to admire, reach for a freshly cut soap and you almost take their hand off for trying to touch it, yelling "PLEASE DON'T TOUCH! it's fresh and sticky". yes...that happened yesterday morning.....

Oh, gosh, folks -- thanks so much for adding to this thread. I'm having a lot of fun reading your thoughts!

When you watched Criminal Mind and they mentioned lye, you crackled internally because you know what it's for and how dangerous it is before they explained it to the non-informed ;).

And oh, you hoped the case was somewhat soap-related and was quite dissapointed when it was not.

When you watched Criminal Mind and they mentioned lye, you crackled internally because you know what it's for and how dangerous it is before they explained it to the non-informed ;).

And oh, you hoped the case was somewhat soap-related and was quite dissapointed when it was not.

I love criminal minds!

When you... In this order... :

Wander off in your thoughts
Make final decision on the tweaking of recipe that has been bugging you
Absentmindedly scribble it in the corner
Realise Sunday mass is over
Look at your Bible in horror
Hope you don't burst into flames
Wonder if soap is flammable
Anyone willing to sponsor a soapers anonymous candidate?

Church :oops: i panicked and almost took it with me. But I figured I cant damage church's property, steel it and then set soap on fire all in the same week. It was an odd train of thought. I realised I have a problem and remembered this thread :oops: Now there is a Bible at the church with 5Ca, 10SB, 40PO, 10 RBO, 10SO, 25L written in the corner. LoL
In my defence, part of my duties at work is to read and comment on other people's reports, I have a system where I write my comments in text boxes in the margins. I guess the habit transferred over.
Btw, I will not be testing if the soap is flammable. Anyway, I expect it is not.

Last edited:
You could always go to the church office and offer to pay for a new Bible. They would probably appreciate the honesty.

I am so grateful for this thread...:D

I agree. Makes me feel much less alone in the insanity.

You know you are a crazy soap person when...you glance at a paper towel ad and think, "oh, partial gel!"

You know you're a crazy soap person when...a customer at your full-time job brings this dessert in and all you can think is "how could I make a soap with that design and those colors?" and "is it possible for someone (not myself) to entirely recreate the dessert out of soap?" :) ImageUploadedBySoap Making1397582207.826240.jpg

you are a crazy soap person when you work up so long the lather on your hands that you need to close the tap with the elbow because you feel bad for so much water running...(at least if you have own well)

Latest posts

Back