Favorite Salad Recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since summer is on the way, I will share two of my favorite summer salads. They are easy to make and so yummy.

Cucumber, Tomato Salad

1 pound cucumbers (about 2 cucumbers), peeled and thinly sliced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 Vidalia onion, very thinly sliced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (I use cliantro)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions
In a large serving bowl, toss together the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, onion, parsley, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste. Let the salad stand for 10 minutes before serving.

Avocado Corn Salad

2 large ears of corn, cut off kernels and cook (I used a small bag of frozen white corn)
1 avocado, chopped
½ cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
½ red onion, minced
½ jalapeno, seeded and minced (I left out the jalapeno)
¼ cup chopped cilantro
Juice of 1 lime--I used more lime juice
Salt & pepper

These sound so fresh and summer-y!

Since summer is on the way, I will share two of my favorite summer salads. They are easy to make and so yummy.

Cucumber, Tomato Salad

1 pound cucumbers (about 2 cucumbers), peeled and thinly sliced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 Vidalia onion, very thinly sliced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (I use cliantro)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions
In a large serving bowl, toss together the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, onion, parsley, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste. Let the salad stand for 10 minutes before serving.

We make this exact salad (minus the vinegar, usually) in the summertime too! So fresh and delicious :)

I know I'm a little late to the game on this thread but I have been trying to decide my favorite to put up here... that's tough!

I do like a simple romaine/butter/radicchio mix with chopped apple, orange and avocado with a poppy seed dressing.

My favorite meal salad is a tofu taco salad - savory tofu from wildwood, mixed baby greens, a cucumber, tomato and avocado chopped and tossed. Add baked tortilla chips and a light champagne dressing. Delish!

Home made cesar dressing (lemon, anchovy, parmesan, garlic, olive oil) tossed with romaine, home made croutons, parmesan cheese and avocado.

Three bean salad

1 can kidney beans drained
1 can pinto beans drained
1 can chill or favorite bean drained
1 small can corn drained
3 Tbsp Italian dressing
Small onion diced
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2-3 Tbsp parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste
Small chopped bell pepper- I like to use red for color

Mix all together and chill. This salad is great with a little tuna as a meal or served as a side. It also last for week without going bad.

It is one of the few things I fix that the hubby will eat left overs of.

Back