You know you're a crazy soap person when...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just on the "What soapy thing have you done today" thread talking about getting in the mood for soaping and I know this is going to sound crazy, but I have this silly habit of changing song lyrics to make the songs sound soapy instead and after commenting on the other thread, this silly tune is now running in my head, based on the original called "I'm in the mood for dancin'" by the Nolans.

Here are the new soapy lyrics currently messing with my mind:

I'm in the mood for soapin', I'm not jokin'
Ooh I'm givin' it all tonight
I'm in the mood for soapin'
I feel like soapin'
Ooh I've gotta just swirl it right

Soapin', I'm in the mood, babe
So let the SB play
Ooh I'm soapin', I'm in the groove, babe
So get on up and let your SB play

I literally could put out a double CD with Corny Soapy Cover songs. Man oh man, I need help!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK8ZZIJLKms[/ame]

Last edited:
...you are using empty FO bottles as flower vases

Ostern 2014.JPG

I was just on the "What soapy thing have you done today" thread talking about getting in the mood for soaping and I know this is going to sound crazy, but I have this silly habit of changing song lyrics to make the songs sound soapy instead and after commenting on the other thread, this silly tune is now running in my head, based on the original called "I'm in the mood for dancin'" by the Nolans.

Tienne, that's just awesome! :) I don't change songs to have soapy lyrics, but I change songs to have other ridiculous lyrics...it's just fun :)

As I posted elsewhere - when your family members have to justify their choice to purchase a 4-pack of Dial - and their explanation doesn't satisfy you.

There is a four-pack of dial in my parents' bathroom closet. Its existance offends me.

HA! I just had a similar discussion with my MIL who mentioned Costco has Dove on sale and she needed to pick some up and I pointed to the towering pile of soap on her counter from me - really, you need soap?!

oh ya! I age my bf's parents soap for Christmas, his dad was "too scared" to use the soap. it is offensive, since he uses Irish Spring. smh

oh ya! I age my bf's parents soap for Christmas, his dad was "too scared" to use the soap. it is offensive, since he uses Irish Spring. smh

My brother won't use my soap, b/c he only uses body wash.

HA! I just had a similar discussion with my MIL who mentioned Costco has Dove on sale and she needed to pick some up and I pointed to the towering pile of soap on her counter from me - really, you need soap?!

Is she saving it? I have a dear friend that I like to visit and I always bring lots of soap for him and his family, and his Gma always has a bar of my soap in every drawer in her house - and a bar of Ivory by the sink. Because she's "saving" my soap.

Is she saving it? I have a dear friend that I like to visit and I always bring lots of soap for him and his family, and his Gma always has a bar of my soap in every drawer in her house - and a bar of Ivory by the sink. Because she's "saving" my soap.

She does have a bar in the bathroom and I put one in the kitchen recently but I imagine that is EXACTLY what she is doing - saving them. :rolleyes:

Grandma's save all sorts of things but everyone else do not deserve your hard work. There are tons of people who would love to be your testers. Family or friends who would rather buy dial are the losers. Don't waste your time. If you were closer I'd love to be your tester.

Well, count me in as crazy. I shower 3 times a day. Once to wake up, again after work. I work outside. In the evening after going to the YMCA. Thing is, even though I make my own soap, I'm constantly buying other crafters soap and enjoying it. Never had a bad soap!

You use the entire batch of celery salt you just made and use in everything you cook cause you want your salt bar to have as close to 100% of salt as you can get and celery flakes might look cool in an ocean scented soap bar anyway.

Now I need to make more celery salt.

When your OH, after taking a shower, walks into the bedroom and straight away says to you 'I used the new shampoo bar on my hair, the facial bar on my face, and that beer soap on the rest of me', because he knows you are going to ASK...!

When you spend a ridiculous amount of time in a guitar repair shop trying to explain to a man what you're trying to build with a tuner key and a guitar string.

(A loaf splitter). It worked beautifully, except for some minor operator error.

Latest posts

Back