Hello from Australia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xaos

Reaction score
Howdy,

I'm a newbie soap maker and am super keen on meeting others and learning to make better soaps.

One of my biggest problems if, what do I do with all my soap? There's too much for just my home, but I feel bad pawning it off on friends and family and it's certainly not good enough to sell.

Anyway, hi!

Hi and Welcome!

If you are sure it is skin safe, you can donate it to Clean the World or call your local homeless or abuse shelters. They are usually more than willing to accept donations, but may have special requests about size and such. If neither one works out for you, and again, you are absolutely sure it is skin safe, a local nursing home(aged care home) might be interested, as ladies are ladies no matter what the age, and like good smelling stuff.

Welcome to the forum. I don't have any suggestions on what to do with the soap you have on hand, but you can start making just one pound batches. That way you won't build up a big supply.

When the soap has aged properly, label it "free soap" and leave it in your work breakroom.

Also, Christmas is not as far away as you think - I'm sure you know of lots of people who would enjoy a bar of home made soap - or 2 bars ...or maybe 6 bars. :)

At Christmast time, I get paper lunch bags and I put several bars of soap in them. Throughout November and December, I keep some in my car so I can hand them out to anybody as the mood strikes me. Keep in mind that soap like ours sells for $4-$7 a bar, so it's a real treat for people who don't have pounds and pounds of the stuff sitting in boxes at their house!

Thanks guys!
But I'm looking at doing up a special Christmas scent for my soaps, but I want to get the mix just right before doing up a sizable batch of it for friends and family.
The work-thing is a good idea! Our staff bathrooms are always running low on soap.

Latest posts

Back