What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not only the postage cost but you would have to pay VAT and a handling fee once it arrives in the UK! Adds up to be very pricey indeed!

Some people here probably noticed: I like simple and mild soaps. I do swirls too but not too many.
Pink is colored with rose Kaolin, and added buttermilk (started to overheat, half an hour in freezer then fridge, saved it) Lavender FO Candora supply
Violet is alkanet root, infusion of alkanet root not the powder and added white Kaolin , Lilac in bloom from Candora :p

DSCN4348_003.jpg

DSCN4351_006.jpg

Last edited:
Ooh those look nice Dahila, nice subtle colours.
I attempted my first butterfly swirl this evening. I think the suspense of waiting to cut it might challenge me!

Some people here probably noticed: I like simple and mild soaps. I do swirls too but not too many.
Pink is colored with rose Kaolin, and added buttermilk (started to overheat, half an hour in freezer then fridge, saved it) Lavender FO Candora supply
Violet is alkanet root, infusion of alkanet root not the powder and added white Kaolin , Lilac in bloom from Candora :p

Lovely colour and natural love it

Printed a bunch of labels on the sly while my dad and his gf were out shopping (I used his printer, since mine won't behave with avery's labels). These soaps are going to be out on Saturday for people to grab at a board game night. I've even prepped (but not printed yet) a sign saying that this will not be the only time they're out, so hopefully people won't grab a bunch and then not be able to take any more as game nights go on. Heh. I think I'll also not put all of them out (though the rest will be in a nearby box)...

Dahlia those soaps look elegant and beautiful :). I was thinking of getting a cutter that does that lovely texture on soap. It's next on my things to buy!

Today I made Pistachio Macaroon Cake Soap. I really like how I made the tops. However I'm nervous about the inside colors. I thought the color scheme looked good in my head but I'm scared it did not translate when I actually made the soap. I will post a pic of the slice product tomorrow!

P.S sorry of the picture is too big I don't know how to properly resize :(

DSC04139.jpg

DSC04143.jpg

Last edited:
Very disappointed with today's soap. Used Pink Sugar and hoped a dark grey mica would cover the fragrance oil discolouration of soap. It didn't. Instead it went an awful baby poop green/brown colour. Thankfully it still smells divine so I'll keep it for myself and try again with a different design and colour palate.

I weighed out my oils and stored them in the fridge so that as soon as I have a free few hours next week I make some new batches easily!

PVC Molds.. Thanks Nizzy for the Oval Tutorial :)
1 The Purple Goat: with Maple Wood Scent - Save on scent. added to oil before lye. No trace with my recipe - True Blue TKB morphs to purple :)
2 Bananarama : Rosemary and Banana mixed scent - 1.5 tsp Rosemary Oil mixed with Banana from WSP added to to oil before lye color brown oxide , yellow oxide , black mica

These Will Sit for another day before cutting
SL ,sunflower, Lard, CO,OO,

20150501_090851.jpg

Penguin your soaps are a piece of art, I probably never be able to do something like that:))
Thank you for kind response, my soaps are consequent with my healing salves, almost the same idea. The wavy cutter is like 8 dollars here in Candora;))

Thank you

Penguin your soaps are a piece of art, I probably never be able to do something like that:))
Thank you for kind response, my soaps are consequent with my healing salves, almost the same idea. The wavy cutter is like 8 dollars here in Candora;))

THANK YOU :):p

Thank you Dahlia and not_ally :)

Dahlia there is a cutter like that at the store I go to often but I feel like it might be too short that if i cut my soap through the handle will get in the way and wont let me cut the soap properly. So i think I will wait till the right handle comes along haha.

Here are the cut Pistachio Macaroon Cake Soap! Smells amazing too! I think it personally looks a little too Christmas but regardless I think it's adorable and was really fun to make.

Most Pistachio Macaroon Cake have strawberries in them so I tried to pass the embeds on top as strawberries. Did it work? Kind of? Maybe? :p

DSC04147.jpg

It is so beautiful, I want to eat it:))
I do have a mitre box and it is a bit tricky to cut with the wavy one, but at least they are uniform in size:)

I cut my entry for the swap today, and then just now I made a soap for the 10 bar order my cousin-in-law asked for. I decided to use the rest of my WSP Spring Rain... Well, I accomplished that. As well as using a bunch of other scents when I didn't have nearly enough from that! (I added the rest of my Mountain Rose Herbs lemon EO, some of my Sweet Orange EO, a touch of Litsea cubeba EO and Rosemary EO. I mixed in clay and TD with them to try to help anchor the citruses, and I'm not gelling the soap.)

I'm also going to need to find a longer and sturdier thing to swirl with in my ABS pipe molds... bamboo skewers aren't quite long enough.

Latest posts

Back