~*~ SMF August 2017 Challenge - Rock and Gem Soaps! ~*~
~ Last Look At July Photo Entries~

Soap Making Forum > Soapmaking & Candle Classifieds Forum > Shopping Recommendations > Dollar store equipment score

Old 03-20-2017, 04:52 AM   #11
SunRiseArts

Liked 477 Times on 241 Posts
Likes Given: 605

Is this a dollar store score? I found these in the gardening section. They are perfect to mix your soap, because the stick blender will go in, and not splatter, plus ist has a pouring spout like some of the ones I seen used by soapers.... Have not used them yet.

What do you all think?

Susie Likes This 
Old 03-20-2017, 05:02 AM   #12
BattleGnome

Liked 586 Times on 296 Posts
Likes Given: 686

What number is in the bottom in the recycleing triangle? If it's a 1 or 5 I think it's good anything else will probably melt sooner rather than later due to caustic/heat. (Don't hold me to those numbers, I think I'm miss remembering right now.) hopefully someone can confirm.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:51 AM   #13
earlene
Grandmother & Soaper
SOAP_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2092 Times on 1049 Posts
Likes Given: 1641

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRiseArts View Post
Is this a dollar store score? I found these in the gardening section. They are perfect to mix your soap, because the stick blender will go in, and not splatter, plus ist has a pouring spout like some of the ones I seen used by soapers.... Have not used them yet.

What do you all think?

I bought the same ones a few months ago when in Texas. I thought it would be perfect for the Ribbon Pour. It's good, but be careful when you fill it.

The first time I used it, I filled it too full and soap started pouring out the handle! Luckily I had one of my log molds on hand and sat it right underneath the handle and had very little spillage due my quick thinking. Disaster diverted.

The other caution is: pour very slowly if you fill it, because the spout is so narrow, that if you pour too fast, the batter spills over the sides of the long spout.

Other than that, they worked just fine.

People Like This