Balsamic Vinegar Source

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattiesmom

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a source for good quality balsamic vinegar in at least gallon sizes that sells to the public without a high minimum order? Haven't been able to locate one so far. Will be making several jars of the balsamic glaze for gifts this year and am trying to avoid the verrry expensive small amounts available in the grocery stores. Unfortunately I do not have access to Costco, Sam's Club etc. They are fabulous on vegetables and many other things and only have 2 ingredients - vinegar & sugar of some kind - unless you add dried fruits, figs, berries, etc., and take less than 20 minutes to make. Endless possibilities similar to making SOAP and possibly as addictive! Thanks for suggestions and Merry Christmas to all!

I don't know where you live, but if there are any vineyards around, you could check with them. We've bought some beautiful cabernet balsamic there.

We purchased ours from TPC Cash & Carry. It is a restaurant supply store, which sells to the public as well. The cost is a bit more if you are not in the restaurant business, but far less per ounce than purchasing in local grocery stores by the smaller bottles.

If there is not one near you, try searching for another restaurant supply company and giving them a call to ask if they sell to the public. You could say you are organizing a large community event, if that is what you are doing. They may even offer a discount to certain non-profits.

I have heard rumors that Costco, sams club, and the like will let you use gift cards if you have them. If you happen to buy more than your $5 gift card they aren't going to turn you away.

I don't have any of those stores near me so I can't tell you I that actually works

Back