Naming Help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HorseCreek

Reaction score
I'm not really sure which forum this should go in, so please move if needed.

I have and love Nurture Soap's version of Breath of God FO. I want to rename it though. Any ideas?

I think it smells what I imagine a Himalayan village would smell like (from the Lush original - I haven't smelled Nurture's dupe). Maybe something with mountain or temple or sacred or umm... I'm rubbish at naming things...

I'm not too clever with names, and I don't know what this smells like, but a play on the name - something like Angels Breath or Breath of Angels? Or from the description Temple of Clouds. If the fragrance is incensey, a temple reference would fit (in my mind anyway).

I think it smells what I imagine a Himalayan village would smell like (from the Lush original - I haven't smelled Nurture's dupe). Maybe something with mountain or temple or sacred or umm... I'm rubbish at naming things...

AS a buyer I would want it to smell like the description of the FO on the soap. As a seller I wouldn't want to use the name the FO company used because then the customer or competitors could steal it!

So I would call it something like Mountain Air. That sounds like a himalayan village on a good day doesn't it? Fresh and clean air smell.

As a buyer, I would not mind having a description of the scent somewhere in the booth, if I could not smell it myself. But I would not care if the name was a description itself. If I sold, I would only care that I knew that "Scent X is FO Y from Z company".

You guys are simply amazing. Thank you for such awesome ideas. It definitely has an incense quality to it, so you're spot on there.
I either sell at shows, so folks can smell it in person, or online where I give a detailed scent description, so non descriptive names are just fine.
I'm going to look at all the ideas tomorrow and see what I come up with. Thank you all SO much!

Back