Nail Polish Water painting mugs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it's called Nail Polish Marbling. Anyway that's one of the many projects I brought with me for granddaughter & I to do together. I made a decision to give her all my nail polish since I don't use it anymore and bought 3 white mugs at the Goodwill.

Here's what we did on Tuesday:

Nail%20Polish%20Water%20Painted%20mugs%20-%202016July19.jpg

Those look gorgeous. Does the nail polish stay on the cups well if so that is an awesome project!

LOVE IT!! What an incredible look.

Thank you. I did the first one to demonstrate for granddaughter who then did the other two. I really like the greens she did on the largest mug.

Those look gorgeous. Does the nail polish stay on the cups well if so that is an awesome project!

I made one only once before at a gathering last April and managed to break it the very same night so didn't have a chance to test it's durability. But I also saw some for sale at a stall in my town's Music Festival and asked the vendor about washing instructions. She said to hand wash and recommended avoiding the dishwasher, although I didn't ask why. I would say 'Avoid nail polish remover, acetone and rough steel scrubbing pads or abrasives.'

Iv made these before and love them :) I use them as pot plants for cacti. If you spray them with a clear gloss varnish then you can use them like regular mugs.

1470702246283.jpg

1470702304293.jpg

Back