My Fizzy Solid Milk Bath Recipe :D

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trix

Reaction score
I did this a long time ago, there are no measurements with some things as that is how I always did it and it worked for me :)

Take around half of a cup of any milk powder you want, mix it with a quarter cup of each baking soda and citric acid.

Have fun mixing these with your hand, for fun, you can sprinkle a bit of Epsom or salt here.

Add a few drops of any essential oil, peppermint and orange EO's seem to give it a candy like scent. And lavender EO is always good.

Now take a light oil, I used grape-seed oil, but simply because it is what I had. And drizzle it little by little on your dry ingredients until they are still crumbly but hold together when you hold it in a fist.

Now get one of them ice cube trays, in any design you like, and start packing your wet sand like mix, into it, (btw you don't need to use ice trays, but thought they looked cuter and funnier this way, like guest soap, only fizzing milk baths instead lol) then leave it out to dry. I confess I sometimes used to do them and forget about them for 5 days to a week.

After that carefully take them out, and put them in an airtight container or bag....or use them and enjoy it, they may need a little help at times, and at other times they just fizz "enthusiastically" while turning the water white, and the milk does soothe itchy skin.

I hope you enjoy this, and do let me know if you try it :D

Back